Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1969 early or late ?

weegie

Corvette
1969 t-top, black, 4spd
17,403 out of38,762 is this considered an early build or late ? looking for some info on my vacuum system and seems to me I need to know this due to some changes. Any thoughts would be appreciated

The trim tag will give up the secret. Drivers' side just below the top of the door, mounted to the cowl.

"Early" and "late" usually refer to specific running changes made on the assembly line. The NCRS Judging Guide often lists these with dates and/or serial numbers. The assembly instruction manual (AIM) is also sometimes helpful with page revision dates for running changes.

I am guessing you are wanting to know when the 69s changed from the cylindrical wiper door actuactor to the double pan pie. You might find a date through Google.

#17403 was assembly in February, 1969, a little less than half way through the production run.

FWIW: this is good reading:
69Guidebook001.jpg

This is also good:
ql507-1.jpg

:thumb

Running changes to individual components occurred throughout the production year. The changeover from early to late might have happened in the first few weeks or the last few weeks. Other might have haapened somewherre in the middle. The date when the car itself was built is pretty much irrelevant.

Two good examples-

the front grills on '73s remained 'early' style until approx 4 weeks from the end of production.

small block manifolds on '74s switched to the 'late' style within the first 2-3 weeks of production.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom