Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1971 Holley List-4801 Question

K

knish71

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some info from someone who can read the stamps on both metering blocks on their '71 List 4801 Holley. I read the numbers in the NCRS TIM/JG, but in case it's incorrect, I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Robert

My rear block is the 4519 as called for. However, the front is a 6335, the number for a 1970 LT-1 with California Evaporative Emissions Control Systems. My car is kind of early (Aug. dates), makes me wonder... or was it just replaced somewhere along the line?

Rich

4801 Holley

Not sure if I got the correct #'s 3828 on the rear and 6188 on the front. I haven't received my NCRS manual yet, how are they date coded? This carb is supposed to be correct for this 1/71 LT1. Does this seem correct?

Rich,

The 6335 is as you said for a 1970. I recently purchased a spare 4801 with the same stamped blocks as yours. Is your car a California car with ECS? My LT-1 has a yellow emmisions labelled 'CB' below my white emissions label that also states it is for California emissions. My NCRS TIM/JG states this label is for 1970-early 1971 up to 1455 (mine is 21701 July build).

Robert

MidShark said:
Robert

My rear block is the 4519 as called for. However, the front is a 6335, the number for a 1970 LT-1 with California Evaporative Emissions Control Systems. My car is kind of early (Aug. dates), makes me wonder... or was it just replaced somewhere along the line?

Rich

Rich,

Here is a picture of the label. Do you have any info about it?

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/217/21/1020300.JPG

Thanks

Robert

knish71 said:
Rich,

The 6335 is as you said for a 1970. I recently purchased a spare 4801 with the same stamped blocks as yours. Is your car a California car with ECS? My LT-1 has a yellow emmisions labelled 'CB' below my white emissions label that also states it is for California emissions. My NCRS TIM/JG states this label is for 1970-early 1971 up to 1455 (mine is 21701 July build).

Robert

Robert

I have no knowledge of the yellow labels other than what I've read in the NCRS judging manual. My car is #3081, and does not have the label, and probably never did, judging from where the white label is placed (no room underneath). Was your car exported to Canada? Maybe that would have something to do with it. I have the owner history back to 1974 on my car, and have reason to believe that it was always a Michigan car, bought new in the Detroit area.
My only guess on the metering block is that my car (carb) was still early enough to be using some leftover '70 parts, although I don't know how that comes onto play on something like carburetor parts. What is the date code on the extra carb that you bought? Mine is 085.

Rich

Rich,

I imported my into Canada in 2004, before that it spent it entire life in the U.S. The spare carb is dated 122. There's one for sale now on ebay stamped the same. I asked the seller for the metering block stamps, and they're exactly like yours and my spare.

Robert

MidShark said:
Robert

I have no knowledge of the yellow labels other than what I've read in the NCRS judging manual. My car is #3081, and does not have the label, and probably never did, judging from where the white label is placed (no room underneath). Was your car exported to Canada? Maybe that would have something to do with it. I have the owner history back to 1974 on my car, and have reason to believe that it was always a Michigan car, bought new in the Detroit area.
My only guess on the metering block is that my car (carb) was still early enough to be using some leftover '70 parts, although I don't know how that comes onto play on something like carburetor parts. What is the date code on the extra carb that you bought? Mine is 085.

Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom