Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1976-1982 Aluminium Wheels question

Hey Tepot
Dont believe they did make a 10" version, but would be very interested if avalible.
:beer
Grant

I'm gonna have to agree with you Kiwi Vet,

From all the people that read this post, no one seems to have an sure answer because if they did they would have replied by now. Like you I'de be very interested if they had a 10". I like those wheels and would like to be able to put a 265 or 275 size tire in this 15" rim but looks like I will have to stick with 255's I guess.

Tepot said:
I'm gonna have to agree with you Kiwi Vet,

From all the people that read this post, no one seems to have an sure answer because if they did they would have replied by now. Like you I'de be very interested if they had a 10". I like those wheels and would like to be able to put a 265 or 275 size tire in this 15" rim but looks like I will have to stick with 255's I guess.

Hey Tepot
You can fit those wheels on an 8" rim if you want to, See article from Corvette.faq link below
http://www.corvettefaq.com/c3/MoreBite.pdf
They even got 295's on, but that might be a bit of an ask.
I was always told the rim should not be less than 83% of the tire for optimal handling.
Still you see lots over this that work out OK.
Good Luck
:beer Grant

The C3 alloy wheel was only made in 15x8 just like the Ralley wheel. Same offset too. Of course you can buy aftermarket ralleys in most any size today but I know of nobody making a wider or larger diameter alloy in the original style.

Tom

A company out here in California will widen any wheel, Eric Vaughn Machine in Monrovia. He widened the rear wheels on my friends LS6 Cadillac from a stock 18 x 8" wide to a nice fat 18 x 10" wide! I think it was $300 per wheel.

Koop said:
A company out here in California will widen any wheel, Eric Vaughn Machine in Monrovia. He widened the rear wheels on my friends LS6 Cadillac from a stock 18 x 8" wide to a nice fat 18 x 10" wide! I think it was $300 per wheel.

interesting. but for me that lives in New-Brunswick, Canada. Shipping will cost almost that.

Since Kiwi Vet told me in his post that 265 would fit on my 8" rim. I might try it.

Tepot said:
interesting. but for me that lives in New-Brunswick, Canada. Shipping will cost almost that.

Since Kiwi Vet told me in his post that 265 would fit on my 8" rim. I might try it.

I just shipped 4 ZR1 wheels from So Cal to Florida, it was under $30 per wheel with insurance, USPS parcel post ir that's an issue.

It's the $300 per wheel that kills it for me!

Koop said:
It's the $300 per wheel that kills it for me!

Well to be honest the $300 per wheel kills it for me too. I can get some really nice brand new wheels here for half that price.

..... I'll go against-the-grain here.....

I'm hoping to build a C3 drag-car, and I'd be interested in having a set of the N90-aluminum wheels NARROWED, so I can run 3" or 4" wide front wheels with 'Front-Runners'.....

Any ideas?????

Tom Bryant said:
..... just got-off the horn with 'Eric' @ Stockton Wheel (1-626-358-6414), and for less than $25 (each ) more than a new aftermarket wheel would cost me, he says he'll make me a set of 'extra-narrow' (approx 3.5" -to-4.5" wide ) N90 wheels for a drag-race C3.....
:D

HPIM0464.jpg

Thanks Tom!!!!! :beer

Glad it worked out. They can do most anything. Be sure to post some pics of the finished wheels when you get them done. They should be pretty cool.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom