Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

help with door panel replacement

billhighland

Corvette
Would like some input, I need to change my inner door panels of my 74 stingray. I am thinking of using the Corvette America door panels, I will be using my own hardware. They seem like a good price, just wondering on the fit, finish and quality of the panels. Anybody use any other products? All comments are welcome…. Thanks
Bill
http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/displaylearnmore.cfm?learnmoreid=613&subcategoryid=X270&idlist=612,613,611,5284&searchdest=%2Fcf%2Flearnmorelist%2Ecfm%3Fsubcategoryid%3DX270&searchname=

Expect a lot of hand fitting. Take your time. The diagrams in the assembly instruction manual (AIM) can be helpful.

:thumb

My 75's panels from them fit pretty good. I hated those metal strips that hold them to the door edge but they eventually fit.
A hint that worked for me is to hang the panel over the door and go ahead and start screws that hold the door pull to the door frame (with the panel sandwiched in between) and but keep it loose for fitment. Then do the door edge clips, handle, and window crank before tightening everything down good.
I didn't install the screws that go at the top of the panel at the rear of the door. Didn't need them since the panel is on there good and it's a cleaner look without the screw visible.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom