Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1977 Heddman zz4 headers

Have you installed a ZZ4 crate motor in your 77? If so, then there is no heat riser passage in the head, which is what you need in order for the EGR to work. When I put a ZZ4 in my 76, I had to change over to a carb with an electric choke. I went with a Quadrajet with an electric choke. It was what they put on the SS454 Chevelle's in 74. I found one rebuilt on eBay, but it wasn't cheap due to the quality of the rebuild (new base plate, butterflies, etc.)

The headers should work, as the only difference would be the size and shape of the ports. I would get the gaskets for the headers (with the D shaped openings).

Nappy -

I put a set of the Headman D-port headers on my 68.
I had them JetHot coated as well, I strongly recommend this.

I am as happy with a set of headers as you can be. I do think they hang a little low, but what are you going to do. In all of my search they are the only hearders I found that will work with a vortec head and a C3. Unless you want to spend alot of money.

Which brings me to a question.
Are you looking at the zz4 or the zz4 fast burn. The fast burn uses the Vortec heads so your mainifold choice will be determined by which heads you will be running.

Good luck.

This is a totally stock 77 with the 350 and auto transmission so will the D-ports work or should I go with some headman or somthing different like flowtech afterbunners? tHANKS FOR THE HELP!

If any of you can help Id like to know how much you think labor is on installing a cam&lifters headers and intake manifold? Thanks alot

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom