Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

??? Eckler's 1977-81 C# Stinger hood ???

Glensgages

Corvette
Black '82 Coupe
If any Forum-member has this hood

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1356&pf%5Fid=29662&mscssid=978QUANDKNRS9K4TP2LQKEVMRNX6C2W2

I have a few questions about it:

29662.jpg

I'm considering using it for my '82, which will be bracket-raced, and I am curious if it can be made into a functional, ram-air forward-facing hood-scoop.

Thanks-in-advance!!!!!

Glen

If any Forum-member has this hood

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1356&pf%5Fid=29662&mscssid=978QUANDKNRS9K4TP2LQKEVMRNX6C2W2

I have a few questions about it:

29662.jpg

I'm considering using it for my '82, which will be bracket-raced, and I am curious if it can be made into a functional, ram-air forward-facing hood-scoop.

Thanks-in-advance!!!!!

Glen

I've had Eckler's hoods before. They are high quality parts. Based upon my experience with their L88 hood, then yes... I think you could cut an opening and use it. You'd just need to fab ducting for your carb.

I've had Eckler's hoods before. They are high quality parts. Based upon my experience with their L88 hood, then yes... I think you could cut an opening and use it. You'd just need to fab ducting for your carb.

Fabricating a sheet-metal air-pan/box is no-biggie.....

My concerns are is the facing-opening located in-front of the carb (or behind? ), and is the scoop 'open' from beneath, or is the scoop 'bonded-on' to another hood, without access to the front-facing opening from below?

...My concerns are is the facing-opening located in-front of the carb (or behind? ), and is the scoop 'open' from beneath, or is the scoop 'bonded-on' to another hood, without access to the front-facing opening from below?

Call Eckler's (800-284-3906). They should be able to answer your questions regarding the hood.

:)

Call Eckler's (800-284-3906). They should be able to answer your questions regarding the hood.

:)

I'm hoping a Forum-member might have purchased this hood, and could supply under-side pictures & locations /dimensions:
I was told that Ecklers only makes these hoods to-order, and probably wouldn't have any on-hand / in-stock to get me this information.....
;shrug

I wish i could help. I plan to buy that hood, but not for at least another 6 months. I'm sure that a good fiberglass guy could make that scoop functional.

Good Luck!

I wish i could help. I plan to buy that hood, but not for at least another 6 months. I'm sure that a good fiberglass guy could make that scoop functional.

I'm only about 2.5 hours-away from Ecklers, but if they don't have the hood in-stock, there's no-point in driving over to Titusville to see it.....
:ugh

I had thought about going with this hood, also manufactured in Florida, but I don't know if I could see the bottom-bulb of the Christmas Tree on the starting-line, while sitting in the Left-lane, over the 4.5" dome:

http://www.e-bodyparts.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Body-Parts&Product_Code=TCVH-68

68-Corvette-Hood-Dom-1-01.jpg

Personally,

I think i'm going to stick with the Eckler's hood. Good luck!

I believe the front of the hood is open. Talk to Jack at Jacks 1977 corvette site. (Just search jacks 1977 corvette), not sure about posting URL's on here. He has the stinger hood, and loves it, I will be getting one when I can afford it.

Cheers

Richard

I believe the front of the hood is open. Talk to Jack at Jacks 1977 corvette site. (Just search jacks 1977 corvette), not sure about posting URL's on here. He has the stinger hood, and loves it, I will be getting one when I can afford it.

Cheers

Richard

THANKS!!!!!

hoodnosdemon.jpg

that doesn't look very promising.....
:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom