Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1977 lug nut question

N

n5zd

corvette fans.............i just aquired a 1977 coupe and a question has come up about the lug nuts. the nuts are on the stock aluminum wheels but they are not stock lug nuts.the side of the nut faceing the wheel is tapered where it mates with the wheel.is this right? i searched all posts about lug nuts but found nothing that would answer this question for me.
the car is in great shape, but i'm afraid these may not be the proper lug nuts.any help or comments would be greatly appreciated............thanks earl

They have a flange(built in washer like base)thats flat against the wheel and extend into the wheel hole a little bit? Sound right to me. The tapered bottom also fits the steel wheel used for the spare. Mike

This is a stock nut for a FACTORY aluminum wheel...
lug.jpg

thanks so much for the info on the correct lug nuts.i will order a full set of the proper nuts.this car has had a lot of restoration work done to it and has less than a thousand miles since a new crate engine was installed.it has 78k miles on it. i anticipate a lot of good times with this car.
it is great to have such a reserve of knowledge willing to help.......thanks again.........earl

So they WERE wrong!? I'm thinking you just have chrome STEEL wheel lugs, after thinking about it. Definitely replace them. If you're into ebay you can usually get them there, too. Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom