Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1978 Barn Find

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I'm dying to see how much Mike Vietro gets for that car.

As a young brat back in the mid 70s, I remember when the 78 Pace Car was introduced and how many people thought it would be a killer investment.

Soon we'll know.

FYI, According to Mike Antonick's Corvette Black Book, a 78 Pace car cost 23005.10. In today's money, that's $66104.98.

It will be interesting to see if that "investment" was truly that.

If I saw the seats correctly they are the suede insert seats. I don't think I have seen those on another Pace Car. I know they were available but I have never seen them before.

I'm dying to see how much Mike Vietro gets for that car.

As a young brat back in the mid 70s, I remember when the 78 Pace Car was introduced and how many people thought it would be a killer investment.

Soon we'll know.

FYI, According to Mike Antonick's Corvette Black Book, a 78 Pace car cost 23005.10. In today's money, that's $66104.98.

It will be interesting to see if that "investment" was truly that.

Hib, it's not Mike Vietro...it's Mike Milian (Corvette Mike New England)! :)

Elaine

15zl65x.gif

If I saw the seats correctly they are the suede insert seats. I don't think I have seen those on another Pace Car. I know they were available but I have never seen them before.

Suede was not available, but cloth in place of the leather was a choice. PC with cloth shown.
PCwithcloth.jpg

:thumb

Suede was not available, but cloth in place of the leather was a choice. PC with cloth shown.:thumb

Thanks for the correction. I guess I should have looked at my black book first.

These pace cars are the first I have seen with the cloth seats.

What is it with old farmers keeping Corvettes in their barns....:D

Back in '78 a fair number of people bought those pace cars as investments. Looks like this one sorta paid off at $50,000. Of course, if you deposited $14,000 in a tax-free 4% investment you'd have $51,077.34 in 33 years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom