Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1979 c3

B

bruce20161

I found a 1979 c3 vette it has aprox 93000 miles it has been repainted some bubbling on head light area,the motor has some slight mods to it,carb,cam, headers just from what i can see.The car has power windows they work but drivers side is slow and does not seal at the top,hood right side by windsheild is up about a 1/4 inch some rubbing on the doors and hood paint comming off there is a crack all the way thru the fiberglass on the rear right fender above the wheel running from the center of the wheelwell opening up about 3 inches.The radio(after market)does not work the head lights come on but do not open.It will need all new body mounts as these are split and rotted it starts and idle's ok rev's ok oil,volts ok.I did not get a chance to drive it yet.there is good tires still on the car.I did shift it to D the N then R with no odd noise and solid feel the torq converter has been change to a higher stall. little rust but other wise clean under the car.They are asking $9900.00 He said that they would look at any reasonable offer.It is a classic car dealer offering 3000 miles and or 30 day warranty.I have not had the chance to get it up on a lift but they said that they would do so i can look under it more.What do you all think.it is about a hour's drive from my home.

I bought a 78 SA L-82 with 79K a couple of months ago that needs painting, body great, but I only paid $6100. I have totally rebuild the front end and steering, been fighting headlights (lots of money), new shocks, etc........ Some where around 8k now but I have ordered everthing - gaskets, weatherstripping, emblems and fiberflex bumbers cover in prep for some new paint. I got the car thinking I would flip it after awhile of driving a fun car but I think I'm hooked. Don't pay too much but plan on having a lot more to throw into it. It's almost thirty and sucks money better than a teenager. Good Luck.

Be patient! It takes a long time to find the right one. That price is way to high. Keep looking...and good luck. We are here to help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom