Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1980 clutch

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
To start off with.. what type of clutch pedal do the 80 vettes have? Is it a cable pull or a bar type like in the old C3's, do they have slave cylinders at all? My issue is.. i have an 80 automatic but want to make it a stick. I have a aftermarket wilwood clutch pedal but it will not work because the only spot to bolt it up at the firewall would put the CLUTCH master cylinder right into the brake booster. I have a triple disk clutch with a hydraulic throw out bearing and need the hydraulic clutch line. Any idea what i could do? I really don't want to remove the brake booster and go without power.

thanx

To start off with.. what type of clutch pedal do the 80 vettes have? Is it a cable pull or a bar type like in the old C3's, do they have slave cylinders at all? My issue is.. i have an 80 automatic but want to make it a stick. I have a aftermarket wilwood clutch pedal but it will not work because the only spot to bolt it up at the firewall would put the CLUTCH master cylinder right into the brake booster. I have a triple disk clutch with a hydraulic throw out bearing and need the hydraulic clutch line. Any idea what i could do? I really don't want to remove the brake booster and go without power.

thanx
It's a linkage type just like they were in the old days!!:thumb

attachment.php

Find a cluth pedal assembly out of another car and put it in! Most corvette junk yards have them, it will require taking the dash apart, but you can keep your brake booster. There are hydrolic clutch systems you can replace the linkage with, CORVETTE FEVER did a car a few years ago that used one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom