Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1980 speedometer?

king80vette

Corvette
1980 Blue Coupe
I'm trying to replace the 165mph speedometer in my car with the correct 85mph one. Is the 1980 speedometer the same as other years? I found one from a 1981.
Steve

king80vette --- I'm trying to replace the 165mph speedometer in my car with the correct 85mph one. Is the 1980 speedometer the same as other years? I found one from a 1981

I think its 1979-1982 that has the 85MPH.
Maybe 78, but Im not sure.

I have a proposal... I have a 1979 L-82 with the 85 MPH speedo and I wanted to replace it with something bigger. We could trade? What is your mileage? Mine is 49522.

:)

-----------------------------------

JASON

Jason,
That's a good idea. Mine has 12500 approx. I'm not sure how to remove it. I was going to look at it today. I found one on ebay, so I might bid on that one. That way I have one and can replace when I get time, or I can just keep both. If I get the one on ebay maybe I will sell you mine for what I pay for it. I will let you know.
Steve

king80vette --- If I get the one on ebay maybe I will sell you mine for what I pay for it. I will let you know.

Sounds good to me. Let me know what you are going to do with that EDELBROCK intake 2101. Maybe i can pick up both from you.

Good luck!!!

I got a GM intake (stock #14014432) from ebay last week, came from Florida. Have never replace one of those either, so I do not know how long it will take to get around to it. I just need the ignition shielding and everything will be back to original. I have a digital picture of the speedometer some place. I will send it to you when I find it. Will keep you posted. Got to go.
Steve

JASON,
Got my speedo out to day and also fix the clock. I did some checking and I'm not sure the faceplate on the 79 speedo is the same as the 80. Does yours have numbers every 5 or 10 mph? The emblem is also different I think. I'll take a picture of mine and send it to you.
Steve

king80vette --- Got my speedo out to day and also fix the clock. I did some checking and I'm not sure the faceplate on the 79 speedo is the same as the 80. Does yours have numbers every 5 or 10 mph? The emblem is also different I think. I'll take a picture of mine and send it to you.

How did you fix ther clock? Mine is broken too.

But my faceplate is different because I have the 85MPH speedo.

:Silly :Silly :Silly

JASON

Jason,
The speedometer I need has numbers every 10mph. Go to ebay and look at item # 2408196324. That's the speedometer I need. Can you send me a digital picture of yours?
Steve

king80vette -- The speedometer I need has numbers every 10mph. Go to ebay and look at item # 2408196324. That's the speedometer I need. Can you send me a digital picture of yours?

Thats the same one I have.
Do you still want a picture?

Do you have one of yours???

:Silly :Silly :Silly

Jason,
If you give me your email address I will send you a picture of my speedo. If yours is the same as the one on ebay I will trade with you. Can you send me a picture of yours? Don’t forget the gear in the trans.

Email: the5kings@comcast.net

Steve

king80vette -- If you give me your email address I will send you a picture of my speedo. If yours is the same as the one on ebay I will trade with you. Can you send me a picture of yours? Don’t forget the gear in the trans.

Great!!!

EMAIL: LEEJANDZ@AOL.COM

Mine is the same from the EBAY auction.
Do you still want a picture?

Do you need the gear in the trans... you might have to assist with a walkthrough.
I have never done that before.

PS: Send me a picture of your speedometer if you get a chance.

I can ship as soon as I remove all the parts.
I suggest using USPS Priority mail with $100 insurance.

I have mailed speedometers in the past that have decided not to work upon arrival.

Let me know...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom