Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 Pillar Post trim

quickjagg

Corvette
White 1981
I have sent back one set of trim panels that didn't fit, and have just gotten a second set that doesn't fit, and before I try a third set, I thought I would ask if anyone here knows where I can get trim panels that would fit.

-Chris

I got the front center section this winter from Corvette America. It wasn't made as well as the original but it fit fine.

I also bought the center section and that fits fine too. But the side pieces don't even look like the original. The cut out for the vin is smaller, there is a black stripe on the edge near the windshield, and they are a bit longer than the originals.

Dave do you think you could post a picture of the ones that you got so I can compair to the ones I recieved. Maybe they just keep sending the wrong ones.

thanks,

-Chris

Chris - I only got the center section from them not the A pillar pieces. An alternative would be to get a set of good used ones from Contemporary Corvettes (Bristol,Pa - 1-800-367-8388.) and paint them to your original color. The replacements I have seen are just not made as well as the originals. I can take pictures of my originals if that would help?

I suppose I'll just be left to paint the originals, that is all that is wrong with them. I was just worried about the paint not matching the header bar.

Thanks for all the help,

-Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom