Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1982 Fuel Pump Relay Switch Location

morris.garcia

Corvette
1982 Silver/Charcoal Gray
I have searched a number of links through the web, trying to get information on the exact location of my '82 fuel pump relay switch. I have seen answers, '...behind driver's seat' , '..... behind driver's seat under the carpet', & '...behind driver's seat in the battery compartment'. I have yet to locate. Can someone please advise or even better, if you have a diagram, please forward. I miss driving my 'vette and the weather is ideal for it. Thanks, in advance.

Not sure If I can help, and you may already know this, but I think the entire sending unit/pump which is down in the tank mounted at the filler neck. Maybe its somewhere in that area. The actual wiring/cable connection is right under the rubber boot at the filler cap. I am still learning about my 82.

I'm not certain where the FP relay is on your car, but don't want you to think you're getting a cold shoulder from anyone on the Forum either.

I can tell you that if I was looking for it, I would start under the hood. Follow the wires from the oil pressure sender on the side of the block above the oil filter. I suspect you'll find that relay to the right of the distributor mounted to the firewall. Not 100% sure that's where it is, but by convention that's where GM usually put it.

:welcome

I agree w/ Rebelrob. I'd check the firewall first, then along the inner fender ledge. I doubt that it's part of the pump/sending unit in the tank. Hopefully someone w/ an '82 can help.

Thanks everyone for the responses and the welcoming comments to CAC. I really appreciate all the help. Morris

fuel pump relay loc.

I HAVE 82 and on mine it was behind the windshield wipermotor area on driver's side firewall. i found it by removing the two small nuts holding the motor and behold there it was . i looked for days tracying wire and ect. hopes this work for you but my trouble in up being the computer ecm. :) larry

Larry, thanks bud. I really appreciate the response. BTW, how do I get a pic of my car to show up when posting?

Morris,
if you go to the Help Section, you'll find a few threads concerning pics etc.. --> LINKy

But i believe this one matches what you're trying to do: LINKY

:w
-Stefan

Thanks for your help. I will try it out.

Looks like you got it.. But let me show it up big, so we all can take a look at the car in the size it deserves. ;)

attachment.php

(Yes, i get the properties of the attachment and then post the pic with the little yellow icon on the reply (in advanced) with the URL gotten from the image properties.. )

Nice Car !! :thumb

:w
-Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom