Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1982 Power Lock Wiring

D

djunod

I already asked this on somebody else's topic, but feel bad about topic overload...

Does anyone know which wires go where on the power door lock?

The wires don't have the block (plastic broke) that holds them in order. The colors I have are: Orange, Blue, Black, Gray, Brown.

powerlock.gif

Thanks!

topless82vette said:
the block usaually has color coded marked on it

Now if I had the block, I wouldn't need the information...

It's broken, long gone (at least was that way when I purchased the car).

I ordered replacement blocks from Eckler's... but I was wanting to put it back together today to take it somewhere...

I have the 1981 shop manual at home , i will get back to you this afternoon asap as soon as i get home. okay

Thanks!

I looked at the passenger side, but it has: orange, blue, black, black, black.

I've tried a few combination (didn't try all 8 possible combinations of black, brown, gray), but it wouldn't work.

It worked before I took the door panel off. I took it apart to lube the lock linkages, as it was starting to be a little hard to move.

grey -grey
brown-brown
orange-orange
blue-pink
black-purple

try this and let me know..

I need to know what colors go to what numbers on the switch...

powerlock.gif

Thanks!

I just looked in my haynes book there is a diagram I will scan and email to you. Im not sure if its exactly what you need. The book its always so accurate as it covers 68- 82 yrs in an overview , but it may be of some assiatance. Check you email shortly

Sorry I cant figue out how to attach a file in this forum, and it doesnt give your email address. If your are interested in the diagram I have email me at cmegga@twcny.rr.com and I will send it over directly to you.

ok ,last time im popping out my lock;
1;black
2;orange
3;tan
4;grey
5;blue

P.S. why dont you just buy a new pigtail?

barrier5 said:
P.S. why dont you just buy a new pigtail?

As I said above, I ordered replacement pigtails from Eckler's...

THANKS!!! That is nothing like I was trying to hook it back up as(don't know why I didn't write it down when I took it apart...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom