Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1982 Radio Change from AM to FM?

Corvette
1982 Collector Edition
Hey Gang,
blonde moment: I cant seem to figure out how to change my Radio from AM to FM anymore? I know i've done it in the past, but since i had to get into the center cluster and popped the buttons off the radio i am on AM (Dont ask how i got there, cant figure that out either). I know it's a silly push/press/pull button thing most likely but.. :ugh

I've searched here and the interweb thing, nada..

:w
-Stefan

On/off or channel select buttons

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Push on them

Bill,
i've tried pushing the on/off button but that shows the clock when the Radio is Off and dont do anything when on. The channel selectors: Switches to the Channel but doesnt change it either.. ;shrug Ive tried combinations of the channel buttons, ie first and last push in together, or the middle 2, 1 and 3 and 2 and 4.. nothing.. :ugh

I'll look when I get home

Stefan,I turned my radio on and pushed the right side knob for am/fm. it should pop in and then right out [emoji12]

:thumb
Right on Bill, Thank you!

When i tried it the ring to go left/right wasn't set in all the way, hence why me pushing in the button didn't do anything. Pulled the knob and the ring, tada.. Works like a charm. Now ring & knob installed again and back on FM..

Thanks !!
:w
Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom