Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1984 auto trans shifting very late

Mich84Vette

Just bought 84 with 700r4 trans. It sometimes won't shift out of 2nd until it warms up and now even shifts much too late and sometimes won't shift into OD at highway speeds. It also sometimes starts out in 2nd gear from dead stops. It doesn't slip and pulls good and strong but just doesn't shift correctly. What could be causing this?? Thanks a bunch guys and gals.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

I'm going to move your post to the C4 Tech forum for greater exposure.

Thanks a bunch.

Mitch, reset the trans kick down(formally known as the throttle valve) cable adjustment. Check the service manual for exact know how on your model. The adjustment is where the cable mounts to the bracket at the throttle. It's easy. I had the same issue and this little trick DID it. Easy-Peasy!

Last edited:
Mitch, reset the trans kick down(formally known as the throttle valve) cable adjustment. Check the service manual for exact know how on your model. The adjustment is where the cable mounts to the bracket at the throttle. It's easy. I had the same issue and this little trick DID it. Easy-Peasy!

I adjusted the tv cable as you suggested and now my transmission shifts just the way it supposed to and when it supposed to. Thanks a bunch.

I adjusted the tv cable as you suggested and now my transmission shifts just the way it supposed to and when it supposed to. Thanks a bunch.

Your Welcome...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom