Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1984 Throttle Body Replacement

84RecordHolder

Corvette
1984 White Z51 4+3 Coupe
Does anyone have any experience with this repair... I have a Throttle Body which quit "spraying" fuel. I have several spare units (4) on two other manifolds. I am going to speak with the owner of Austin Corvette and see if he can't enlighten me. I was unsure, if I should just switch out the top manifold cover, which has both units mounted to avoid the synchronizing issues or just pull the one off that is not functioning properly. I eventually will have them rebuilt with bushings installed. I also would like to get one complete intake set up ported and balanced and keep one other original. Thank you for any help! ds

If you've got a spare top plate with good throttle bodies, which won't even need balancing, that sure sounds like the right answer to me! That's an easy swap! Use a good grade of RTV and you won't even need a new gasket! Has your intake manifold been ported?

:thumb

Sounds like if you had fuel that stopped spraying... it was an injector.

If so, that is an injector that is bad. You can replace those fairly easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like if you had fuel that stopped spraying... it was an injector. If so, that is an injector that is bad. You can replace those fairly easily.

I would agree. I may have been mislead by your talk of upgrading your throttle bodies. You've got enough spare parts to get your car back on the road, then do whatever you want with the other assemblies. You are probably aware that the front and rear injectors are different sizes, and should not be interchanged.

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom