Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L83 intake manifold and throttle bodies, crossfire question

Brenner

Corvette
1984, Silver/Grey, Z51
Hello to all, I am new to this forum so excuse my lack of knowledge. I have been looking for a piece of information that I cannot find regarding the L83 crossfire engines that my 1984 Corvette has. I did try the knowledge base and the link for the 82-84 assembly manual will not appear for me so I ask all of those who can answer my question to please do so as it will help me alot with my project. I have done alot of reading here and alot of other sites and find this site to be more informative and to not bash the crossfire as much as others do. So my question is, of those who have crossfire experience can any one tell me what the difference if any aside from part numbers do the intake manifold and throttle bodies have between a 1982 and 1984 model year? I ask becuase I am aware the 1984 engine has forged pistons, and the 1982 has cast, and also I have read the fuel lines are different for each of the two years. I would like to port an intake and keep my original if I may and I do have an option of a cheap complete engine from a 1982 I may purchase for the necessary parts to modify. Another thing I have read is that the corvette injectors are larger than their 305 cousins and this makes sense but do both years of the CFI corvette share the same injectors? Thank you kindly to all of those who may attempt to assist me.

This has been discussed heavily among crossfire owners...and one difference that has been found is that some intakes have "balancing holes" between runner pair dividers, some do not. Now whether this is a '82 v. '84 L83 thing, or a 305 (camaro) v. 350 (vette) thing I really don't know.

I "think" injector size is the same between 82 and 84, and yes the 305 would have a smaller injector. Also the front and rear injectors are different...this is to account for the small difference in pressure at each injector due to being plumbed serially (as opposed to parallel plumbing).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom