Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1986 4+3 throw out bearing..anybody replace on lately?

Paddywhack

Corvette
1986 Dark red coupe
1986 4+3 throw out bearing..anybody replace one lately?

Last week on the way to a cruise night, went to down shift and turn and got a god awful screeeeeeeech...:pukeMy wife nearly jumped out, but I knew right away what it was. Limped home and got it in the garage. Why I didnt change it while building the new engine, I dont know:bash. Got the shop manual out and just started going over the steps. Any easier to remove the engine and change everything that way? Any advice (other than "you shoulda changed it back when")? Any idea on expected time it should take?

Thanks in advance!

Looking at changing the clutch and company on my 88 coupe. Since I'll do it myself, I'll change anything that's 22 years old.. I've done clutches in Vette's before, it's cramped, but doable.

Looking at changing the clutch and company on my 88 coupe. Since I'll do it myself, I'll change anything that's 22 years old.. I've done clutches in Vette's before, it's cramped, but doable.
time frame to change everything?

Paddywhack;1042293 said:
Any easier to remove the engine and change everything that way?
Depends
When I had the 383 with headers in a gutted engine bay, it took no time to pull engine out.
Now car is " restored" to stock with all the original parts and accessories it would take me longer to dismantle everything to remove engine than to remove the DS and C Beam and slide trans back to access the bearing

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom