Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1986 Clutch Start Switch

JonJon

Corvette
1986 Coupe Silver/Grey
Hey Group
I lust replaced the clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder combo on my '86 coupe.

The clutch pedal always had to be on the floor for the car to crank and since the master cylinder replacement the car won't crank unless I jump the clutch start switch connector.

The FSM on page 8-B-15 details switch readjustment but I can barely see the switch under the dash, let alone feel and release any detent to pivot the switch forward for readjustment. The adjustment procedure calls out illustration 8-B-3 for the switch but this is actually the washer nozzle aiming illustration.

Any advice/illustrations available are greatly appreciated.
Jonathan.....

Hey Group
I lust replaced the clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder combo on my '86 coupe.

The clutch pedal always had to be on the floor for the car to crank and since the master cylinder replacement the car won't crank unless I jump the clutch start switch connector.

The FSM on page 8-B-15 details switch readjustment but I can barely see the switch under the dash, let alone feel and release any detent to pivot the switch forward for readjustment. The adjustment procedure calls out illustration 8-B-3 for the switch but this is actually the washer nozzle aiming illustration.

Any advice/illustrations available are greatly appreciated.
Jonathan.....

Just jumpered the switch and was done with it. Only thing is now it will start in gear but grew up that way so no big deal to me.

I have it jumped since I replaced the master cylinder.

I've let one other person drive the car since I've had it and I was in the car with him.

Jonathan.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom