Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1989 ZR-1 Parts Wanted

C

Corvettes White

Looking for parts from any of the crushed 1989 ZR-1s that were built. (There were 84 or so plus 5 standard body LT-5 Powered cars.)

Besides Morrison’s stash sold to Kurt, or the junk yard in England can anyone please give me leads on what might be here in the US or Canada?

I am getting close to finding all the parts that I need to swap an 89 LT-5 engine into our 1989 convertible.

Especially I am looking for a MemCal Chip and some wiring.

Thanks in advance

George

1989 Zr-1 Stuff

There Is A Company In Huntington Beach, Called California Street Rods. Thye Had Two Of The 1989 Zr-1's Ihave Some Parts. Motor Mounts, Water Manifold, Clutch Pedal Assy. Maybe Some Other Things. Cal Street Rods, Dismantled One Of The Cars, And Painted Another One Purple. I Ended Up With The 89 Zr-1 Wheels And Put Them On My 91 Zr-1 My Car Is Turquoise And I Apinte The Inside Slots To Match The Car The Wheels Have A Casting Date Of 2/1/88 They Are The 11" Chuck Is The Owner Of Calif Street Rods, Try His No. At 714 847 4044 Or Call Information Bob

Bob:

I spoke with Chuck and visited his shop back about 4-5 months ago looking for parts. Except for an engine, the rest is gone. Boy do they do great work! That guy has some deep inside connections with GM.

If I understood your post, you have a thermostat housing. If you are willing to sell it or anything else you may have, can you please let me know? I would also like to find an ‘89 ECM and the forward lamp wiring harness.

I picked up a set of wheels of 11 inch ’89 wheels sometime ago. Very cool wheels.

George

You can use a 90 chip and carrier all you need is to burn a 89 calibration into it. Do you have the ECM? I have an 88/89 calibration that I think is ok and can send it to you if you have someone that can burn it to the prom. What wireing do you need? I might know of a source for the engine harness but it will not be cheap. Email me off list.

Tyler

Tyler:
You sent me the BIN file from you proto some months back. Thank you. I am just keeping my eyes open for other files. I understand that there are several versions out there. So, shall we say I am hedging my bets.

I have an ‘89 engine harness, but would like to see, a long shot, if I can get a front harness. It is not the same as used on an L-98.

In addition, I am fishing to find if there is any thing else out there that I can use for my conversion. I am looking for a white overflow reservoir, the center dash for the power key, and things like that.

George

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p></P>[/font][/size]

Are you comming to BG in May? Geoff will be there and hopefully we can get some more information on whats left in the Graveyard and what the differences were 87-88-89.

Tyler

danny.giesler@LMCO.COM

Dan Giesler had two prototype engines for sale that Mike P bought. The 89 motor from the Pearl Diamond White car Joe Roebuck put together is still for sale last I knew. It was rumored that Dan had a bunch of things from the junkyard. Don't know nor am I sure the email will work.

Ted

Thanks Ted for the lead. I will follow it. I had spoken with Mike P a few times and even considered buying the motor he had (has?) for sale but could not see spending the cash for a second '89 motor. I think my wife would have killed me.

Tyler, BG is a bit far for me, although we are going to England this March. When there I will try to look up some folks.

George

According to Geoff Dan bought a lot of what was left over from the Simmons buy to include 3-5 ? motors. Not sure just what pieces he got. As an aside Geoff feels that the Graveyard guy has another stash somewhere else. Every time he goes there he finds something else that was not there before. Another source in England is Tom Falconner, but the real source is Geoff. If its out there he probably knows where it is.

Tyler

Zr-1 Ac Compressor

Anybody Out There That May Know Of A Cherry Or Rebuildable Lt-5 Ac Compressor, Mine Gave Up

BOB SWEETING said:
Anybody Out There That May Know Of A Cherry Or Rebuildable Lt-5 Ac Compressor, Mine Gave Up
There are a few on ebay for some reason time-to-time.

George

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom