Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 LT5 motor for sale $3000.00

K

kenwithn

Pulled from recent rebuilt Spec car, spun #3 main.(can be machined) Ported, complete with wiring harness, alt,ps, water pump ect,no pistons or rods, no front engine cover.
Great X-tra parts engine. Pics avail upon request.kenkimbeck@yahoo.com

You have an LT5 with no pistons, rods or front cover and the block has a spun #3 main and you're asking 3000 bucks?!

In my opinion, that's too much money.

First, LT5 blocks with spun #3 mains are extremely difficult and expensive to repair because #3 is the thrust. You can figure on a grand or so just to fix that and, then, it has to be done by a machinist who's got a lot of skill (welding aluminum and machining) and some experience working with the two-piece crankcase typical of engines like the LT5. Saying the block "can be machined" is a bit misleading, in my opinion because while, in theory, it's true, in a practical sense, trying to find someone who can actually do the repair right is more difficult. Not only must the block be "machined" but it has to be first welded, then machined on two planes--the bearing bore and the two thrust surfaces--and, then, after that, the block and lower crankcase need to be properly assembled then align bored.

Secondly, one can buy running engines which are used but in good condition for 4000-6000 so it's hard for me to understand why someone would want to purchase a damaged block (which might cost a grand to fix) and some parts, for three grand.

Lastly, one of our CAC administrators needs to move this post to the C4 parts for sale forum because it's not "News".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom