Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 speed sensor in a 1998 tranny?

joatrash

1990 speed sensor in a 1988 tranny?

Hey all,

Figure this might need it's own thread since I need to try and get it fixed within a day or two 'cause I'm taking a long drive on wednsday. If I'm to have any chance of getting it sorted I'll need to order a new sensor first thing tomorrow.

Will a speed sensor from a 1990 Vette TH700 work on my ´88? (Same axel ratio, 3:07... same tranny...TH700)

Cheers!

Hey all,

Figure this might need it's own thread since I need to try and get it fixed within a day or two 'cause I'm taking a long drive on wednsday. If I'm to have any chance of getting it sorted I'll need to order a new sensor first thing tomorrow.

Will a speed sensor from a 1990 Vette TH700 work on my ´88? (Same axel ratio, 3:07.)

Cheers!
Possibly,what transmission does the 88 have??

PS You have 98 in you thread title!!

Thanks for the heads up... changed to 88! : )

It's the same transmission... a TH700 auto.

Thanks for the heads up... changed to 88! : )

It's the same transmission... a TH700 auto.
Theres a good chance there the same!!I have no way to find out today,My Chevrolet parts man is probly doing Karaoke at the Sports Bar tonight!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
If you were closer we could plug my Scanner into it and find out if your is the problem!!:upthumbs

Well.. the Vette may be quick, but I doubt it'll fly across the Atlantic. I'll try to pull some error codes tomorrow (assuming the paper clip methods works on a Vette) and get hold of that sensor (I can buy it real cheap so if it doesn't fit, no biggie).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom