Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1990 ZR1 With 325 Miles

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
I spotted this ZR1 coming up at the Mecum Auction in Chicago in a couple weeks. How could you have this car and never drive it?

Tom

Darn good question, Tom. It's a beautiful car though.

It never ceases to amaze me to see these gems being treated like trailer queens... :ugh

Mac

No but he could buy this one for a spare in case he wore the other one out. I think it's close to being a twin to his. That's definately more miles than I have put on my '59 since 1991.

Tom

One sold at Mecum in Louisville last weekend for $17,500 which was the reserve. No mention of miles. I have seen some in the low 20s.

Update

The car sold for $30,000. plus commisions. There were several Corvettes in this seller's collection that had bacically no miles on them from new.

Tom

The car sold for $30,000. plus commisions. There were several Corvettes in this seller's collection that had bacically no miles on them from new.

Tom

Didn't they sell for close to $60,000.00 when new? Hope his other investments fared better...

It appears that he liked to buy new Corvettes and park them as part of his collection. I don't think he made any money on any of them. There was a 1984 with nearly no miles that sold for $16,000. Considering what they were selling for new he would have been better off driving this car and enjoying it. He had some other interesting cars that sold for good money though.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom