Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1993 Alarm Problem

swood

Corvette
Black 1990 ZR-1
Anyone have any info on the alarm going off while car is parked? This thing will just go off in the middle of the night and if I'm not home it will drain the battery and **** off everyone for two blocks. I have it disconected for now .
Thanks forany help

If it's the same as my 92, and I imagine it would be, look at the switch on the back of the door that trips when the door closes. In the center of it there is something like a little "push pin" that can be pulled out. You can try pulling it out a little ways and shutting the door again, it should push the pin in as far as needed, then push the switch closed. The problem with some as I understand now is that the little push pin will become worn (it had ridges on it) and will begin to go in too far, so that it's no longer sticking out far enough to trip the switch...the larger part slides back out over the push pin, opening up the circuit again. What I did on mine, was place two very small rubber O-rings around the shaft of the push pin to help shim it out, but if closed on too tightly will still have some give to them. The next thing I would look at is the actual switch in the door possibly going bad, but I'd look into the adjustment pin first. I do have to give credit to Junk for this knowledge, I'd had the very same problem a couple weeks ago and he pointed me in the direction of the door switch with the adjusting pin in the center.

By the way...Welcome to CAC!!!

thanks thats good advice, i tested the switches in the front jams and they appear to be ok turning lights off after .....seconds. But this is the switch on the door, below the lock right? ill check out thanks again for the advice. Luckly ive only got the door chime going not the horn!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom