Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1994 radio wiring, need help

BVFD25

Corvette
1994 blue coupe
so I just got my 94 vette, and it has a delco bose tape deck in it. I bought a bose cd player for it on amazon. I'm trying to wire it up now, I've figured out that you can't just cut the wiring off the back of the tape deck and do it that way because it does not have a power wire. you have to use the ground, memory, and switched power wire on the reciever in the back, so you have to run a ton of wire from there back to the cd player. oh yeah and you cant use the bose speakers either, so can I use the old speaker wire to hook up the new speakers, so I dont have to pull my car apart, or does the wires run through the speaker amps? can I use any of the wires from the to plugs behind the tape deck, like the speaker wires, do they run there? I'm trying to run as few wires from the reciever to cd player as I can. thanks for any help you can give me.

I should have put in there that the bose cd player I bought is not the one that was an option for the 1994 vette's, its a new one. I wired it using the harness from crutchfield, and it comes on, and plays the cd, but no sound. I know its working because the track time is working and it has that equalizer thing that jumps up and down for the volume, just no sound. I know the speakers are good because the tape deck played fine, but I hate listening to the radio, and I don't have any tapes. I've heard that you can disconnect the amps from the speakers and then it will work, but may not sound good.

I should have put in there that the bose cd player I bought is not the one that was an option for the 1994 vette's, its a new one. I wired it using the harness from crutchfield, and it comes on, and plays the cd, but no sound. I know its working because the track time is working and it has that equalizer thing that jumps up and down for the volume, just no sound. I know the speakers are good because the tape deck played fine, but I hate listening to the radio, and I don't have any tapes. I've heard that you can disconnect the amps from the speakers and then it will work, but may not sound good.

To be plug & play, trhe control head must be from a 90-96 Corvette only. All other stuff in your statement is no true.
The 90-96 Corvette actual radio is separate from the head unit. To change to a non OE system will require extensive modifications

I never said that it was plug & play, if it was I would not be posting this! And I know that the radio receiver is not part of the "head unit". where I'm from if you say radio, or cd player or tape deck we are talking about the "head unit". on another note, thank you nevets181, for some reason I could never get the crutchfield website to pull this up, all I got was the wiring harness, which by itself does not help. do you know of anyone who has used this integration adapter?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom