Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 center high-mounted stoplamp socket replacement

ajk

Hi,

I've tried to use the search feature but couldn't find anything, I apologize if there is already a thread on this subject.

I was trying to replace the center high-mounted stoplamp on my '96 (it's not really mounted high on this model, it's just above the license plate) but the glass portion of the bulb detached from the screw base and the socket appeared to be melted. I need to replace the socket but I'm struggling to find the correct replacement.

I've looked on a couple of part websites and cannot find a high-mounted stoplamp specific socket, however I have found the back up lamp socket (which according to the owners manual both the back up light and center high-mounted stoplamp use the same 1156 bulb), does anybody know if this socket will work?

Here is one I found... http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S3MD0MR0CM701141167050~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050F. Looking at the picture it seems a little different from the socket I removed so wasn't sure if it would work.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much, no idea how I managed to miss the part on the website!

Been there, done that!

I used to walk around my auto repair shop looking for a wrench. Was in my pocket!

:w

If that bulb got hot enuf to melt the socket, you might want to consider replacing the bulb with a direct replacement LED bulb while you're in there working. They last longer, and don't generate near as much heat. Just something to think about..........
Andy :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom