Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 loose dash pad

JohnnyC

Corvette
1996 Black Coupe - LT4
My dash pad is pretty loose. I hit a bump and major rattling. This is incredibly annoying. :mad The passenger side is especially loose over the door for the air bag.

The problem (i think) is there is little metal c-looking clamps riveted to the bottom of the dash that fit into slots under the windshield. These clamps seemed fairly flimsy, hence not seeming to hold the dash down.

I removed the entire dash pad a few weeks ago to try to solve this problem. I tightened every bolt and screw i could find. If its not raining and not 100 degrees again, i'm gonna try to remove the dash pad again and see if the rattles go away.

Has anyone done or tried this? The rivets are held under the padded part. I dont think I can replace. Not sure what to do.

You could probably replace the rivets yourself. If in doubt contact a body shop in the area & see what they recommend? Maybe even a salvage yard for a pad in good condition.

Personally I'd try re-riveting the the clips. :confused

If you can remove & replace the upper trim pad..I don't see you having any problem replacing a few rivets!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom