Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 LT4 Coupe - Interior Light Stay On

dsmaruska

Corvette
1996 LT4
I have read the previous threads, yet this might be different. Had my Vette detailed Friday, and the doors and hatch were probably open for awhile. Yet everything worked properly for a few days and then it happened a few days later. Opened the hatch with the drivers side door switch, got out and shut the door, and when finished unloading shut the hatch. The alarm went off so I shut it off with the key fob. OK, no problem, but what set off the alarm? Went back later that evening (when it was dark) and all the interior lights were on. Opened and closed the doors and hatch, and no change. Got in, started the engine, and the interior lights went out. Shut it off and the interior lights stayed on. The headlight switch is in the off position.

What is the best way to diagnose and, if it is the Delay Timer Module, would anyone have a "how to" description and/or pictures to remove and replace? Don't want to muff up the interior or wiring

BTW, my LT4 is an awesome ride ... 18,000 original miles and I love it!

PS: And, if needed, where the heck do we get a Delay Timer Module?

Last edited:
Make sure your door switches are breaking contact when you close the door(s).

Door switches are very iffy and need to be addressed for sure. It happened to me, alarm went off, switches were not opening. They do adjust on my car but they collapsed back and the same thing happened. Pack them out temporary and see if it works then you can come up with a permanent solution.

I have read the previous threads, yet this might be different. Had my Vette detailed Friday, and the doors and hatch were probably open for awhile. Yet everything worked properly for a few days and then it happened a few days later. Opened the hatch with the drivers side door switch, got out and shut the door, and when finished unloading shut the hatch. The alarm went off so I shut it off with the key fob. OK, no problem, but what set off the alarm? Went back later that evening (when it was dark) and all the interior lights were on. Opened and closed the doors and hatch, and no change. Got in, started the engine, and the interior lights went out. Shut it off and the interior lights stayed on. The headlight switch is in the off position.

What is the best way to diagnose and, if it is the Delay Timer Module, would anyone have a "how to" description and/or pictures to remove and replace? Don't want to muff up the interior or wiring

BTW, my LT4 is an awesome ride ... 18,000 original miles and I love it!

PS: And, if needed, where the heck do we get a Delay Timer Module?

Had the same issue, interior lights kept on. The solution was simple: switch them off :) , the interior lights can be switched on with the dashboard light dimmer (highest setting has a click, which switches the interior lights on).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom