Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 tires

Silverfox1

Corvette
1995 Red ZR-1
My "new" '96 is on the way. It's a red/tan LT4 vert w/F45 & has only 14,500 original miles including the original Goodyear GSC tires (255s & 285s) which have plenty of tread & look beautiful. But beauty is only skin deep in the case of 18 year old tires. The Goodyear replacements, Eagle F1 GS-D3s are on national backorder til MAYBE March 2015 & will cost about $1,400 out the door IF I could even get them.

I've heard the Nitto NT555s are a decent substitute. They are about 1/2 price of the GYs. Any thoughts appreciated.

I will keep the old GSCs for resale as I'm sure someone will want for NCRS show.

Nittos wouldn't be my choice, but they aren't bad tires. Of all the choices currently available, I'd probably opt for the Continental Extreme Contact. They have a pretty good rep as a street tire, and I liked them on my SSR. They are also pretty inexpensive.

Nittos wouldn't be my choice, but they aren't bad tires. Of all the choices currently available, I'd probably opt for the Continental Extreme Contact. They have a pretty good rep as a street tire, and I liked them on my SSR. They are also pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for the input Catbert. I'll check out the Contis too. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom