Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1996 vette on ebay

Full Bull

hey folks, some guy's got his 1996 Collector's Edition Grand Sport Pkg LT4 with 73000 miles, silver with red interior. for sale on Ebay. Has manual transmission...says it's got some very minor body damage, not noticeable unless under real close scrtutiny. He's got it listed as a no reserve bid, meaning that the high bidder gets it. I'd guess that someone's going to get a super deal.... check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=2401169994

Nice car , but these two lines would be of concern to me

160 degree power stat, Ajustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Cold Air Induction System, Auto Tap Diagnostic, Mass Air Flow Sensor, C5 Shifter knob, TPIS Long Tube Ceramic Coated Headers w/ Y-pipe (still in box, never installed), ZEX Nitrous Oxide System - 125hp(only used a couple of bottles since it was installed, very SAFE!), Hyper Tech Reprogrammer.

Again these upgrades will sell separately from the car, but will be a GREAT BARGAIN! This last summer I spent approximately $7,000 on maintenance and upgrades, my LOSS, your GAIN! I have all receipts

Does not list upgrades or the maintenance he's done, other than the oil changes the above list does not even come close
and he should not be running a 125 shot in a stock motor, 100 at the max.And the fact that's it's sitting outside in a snow pile does not help either :( lots of mile too

125 shot is fine for stock LT4's... the biggest negative is you can really tell the car has been ragged on:(

and I was hoping to get an estimate of the value of my car when i saw this thread... not really comparable though

He's about 60miles from me...........or so. They always look so nice in the pictures.......

you should not go over 100 shot for any motor tha has not had lower end work done. the stress that's created can't handle stock motor pats. sure it will work and probably last, but it weakens the motor considerably. I have 150 shot in my stock LS1, and by doing so am shortening the life span by thousands of miles, but hey that's just me:)

Nitros effectively does the same thing as a supercharger... 6 pounds of boost will net an easy 125 HP, which should give you no trouble with LT1's or LT4's... This is assuming you still drive the car somewhat normally. I have friends with supercharged LT1's as well as nitros injected LT1's... Only one guy has blown his engine... he had over 100k, supercharged, LT4 hotcam kit, headers, exhaust, heads and intake ported and polished.... stock bottom end. I think it finally went when he went to 8 or 9 psi. (this guy was trying to blow it) The rest of the cars I have seen have no troubles at all with the engine, nitros or not... Transmissions are another story... the few with auto tranny's have had problems.

there generally is no trouble, as I said I use 150 shot in a stock LS1, but it is not recommended to do so even from the manufacturer. the clutch and the trans are the first to go. Also with that size shot you would need to change out the fuel pump for higher capacity, thats the death toll for most cars , is fuel stavation. most manufactures don't recommend more than 15hp per cylinder with out engine work at the most 125 shot and that's pushing it. it also depends on whether he used a wet or dry system . If he used wet probably no damage or exsesive wear , but if he used dry could be potential problems down the road if he managed to get and injector stuck or it froze up. all I'm saying is that personally I would pass on a car that I know NOS had been used on unless I knew the owner. Lots of people stick these in there car with little or no knowledge of how it works. In his ad he states it's a ZEN kit, even they suggest upgrading the fuel pump and injectors, which he has not listed but should have been done

Full Bull said:
hey folks, some guy's got his 1996 Collector's Edition Grand Sport Pkg LT4 with 73000 miles, silver with red interior. for sale on Ebay. Has manual transmission...says it's got some very minor body damage, not noticeable unless under real close scrtutiny. He's got it listed as a no reserve bid, meaning that the high bidder gets it. I'd guess that someone's going to get a super deal.... check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=2401169994

I emailed the guy for and engine shot, he sent a very poor quality one and told me no body damage...something not right in whoville and no further bids on it either

supernatural400 said:
there generally is no trouble, as I said I use 150 shot in a stock LS1, but it is not recommended to do so even from the manufacturer. the clutch and the trans are the first to go. Also with that size shot you would need to change out the fuel pump for higher capacity, thats the death toll for most cars , is fuel stavation. most manufactures don't recommend more than 15hp per cylinder with out engine work at the most 125 shot and that's pushing it. it also depends on whether he used a wet or dry system . If he used wet probably no damage or exsesive wear , but if he used dry could be potential problems down the road if he managed to get and injector stuck or it froze up. all I'm saying is that personally I would pass on a car that I know NOS had been used on unless I knew the owner. Lots of people stick these in there car with little or no knowledge of how it works. In his ad he states it's a ZEN kit, even they suggest upgrading the fuel pump and injectors, which he has not listed but should have been done

I agree. The thing that bothered me is 'a couple of bottles' sounds like a bunch more than 2 bottles to me... the whole listing sounds shady if you want to know the truth... i am sure that is why he has no bids

He emailed me yesterday with 6 pictures, looks ok. but I told him to many miles for me. I think he wanted alot more than 13k for, still a good deal for a LT4 CE for that price. Notice how alot of people that bid had no feedback and recently changed their ID. I'll bet either he or his friends were shill bidding to bring the price up. too bad looks like they got burned or they bid that price so they would not have to sell for a low price of 13.4k. I bet you'll see it up for sale in a couple weeks again , this time with a reserve

So, I take it that the guy that won the auction is a fake and it really tain't sold??

it's possible. I am always leary when I see alot of people bidding who either have no feedback or recently changed their ID. i bought a car last year on Ebay and that exactly what happened. the bd was going low so the seller had friends sign on to up the price of the car all have no feedback or had new ID's. After I won the car for $1500.00 and sent money through Paypal. I drove up to NH with a trailer to pick it up and it was in no way the shape they claimed it was. So I told her I was paying no more than $400.00 for the car and contacted Ebay , they cancelled her account and I took the car for the 400 I sent her through paypal

Just wondering - What kind of car did you get for $400? Trailer, so I assume it wasnt running?

Yes or yabutt, this car is close enough for me to really find out what happened to it..........in less than an hour. Question is: Do we really care??

SteveK-96 said:
Just wondering - What kind of car did you get for $400? Trailer, so I assume it wasnt running?

1984 Z28, they really mistated the ad alot, told me recent paint job,,yea, someone in a garage sprayed clear coat all over it. I wanted a car that I could basically rebuild from the ground up to either restore it or turn it into a non streetable drag car. still have not done anything with it yet. they told me the clutch and tranny were new, grinds in every gear, it is a wreck but they claimed it was a good summer car.. I still have all the ads that they placed, sometimes I just look at them if I want a good laugh :L

the reason that it is a good summer car is:
That it's a good place to grow annuals while sitting in the front yard.......

HOw did you get your $1,500 from Paypal? and pay them again $400. Could you get your money back after they've accepted?

guessguy said:
HOw did you get your $1,500 from Paypal? and pay them again $400. Could you get your money back after they've accepted?
How a bout .........not hi-jacking threads.........??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom