Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1998 C5 HVAC problems

JamesB

Corvette
1998 Black Coupe
The front defroster in my 1998 C5 Corvette doesn't blow air on the driver's side so it fogs up. I removed the HVAC fuses (18 & 27 and 27 by itself) to reset the actuator but it didn't correct it. I could hear the actuator moving after replacing the fuse(s). The key was in the On position but the engine was not running. I just bought the car in July and it only had 45000 miles on it and looked immaculate.

I checked the DIC error codes but there were no HVAC codes and the codes that were there were all historical(H). I'm not sure what to do next and I don't want to just start taking things apart.

It's the actuator under the dash. The entire dash needs to be removed to replace the dead part

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

Moving to the C5 Tech forum for greater exposure...

It's the actuator under the dash. The entire dash needs to be removed to replace the dead part

Thanks smitchel87. I've been leaning toward that as the answer after reading many forum comments, I can hear the actuator moving when I reset it by removing the fuse but it doesn't correct it. The thing is I don't have any HVAC DIC error codes at all which seems odd. A mechanic friend of mine suggested rebooting the whole thing by disconnecting the battery for >12 hours and then touch the two leads together before re-connecting it, so I was going to try that as a last test.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the symptoms of your problem before you replaced the actuator?

Same as yours but I got codes too.. Strange

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom