Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1999 coupe a/c light flashes and turns off

8kgold69

Corvette
1969 R.Gold CV. Original 8K miles. Pilot 1970 LT1
Hello folks

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year. Now down to business. I have a 1999 Coupe, 6 speed, Z51 option. The vehicle has 26,670 actual miles. I live in Florida, so yes we still need the a/c to work. The car is equipped with the dual zone a/c option. When I press the a/c button, the yellow/orange light blinks several times but then stays off and the a/c does not come on. The system is full of freon. However, I notice the LED screen consistently reads EXT 25 degrees F, no matter what the out side temperature is. I did replace the drivers side temperature control actuator, because when the a/c was working a couple days ago the passenger side was cold and the driver side was hot. I also checked the the computer for codes and there are none in the DIC. I have a friend that is a tech and he checked the system with his Snap-On computer and said that it could be the control unit in the dash. Any ideas, comments, etc...?

Last edited:
Hello
Any body out there?

Hello folks

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year. Now down to business. I have a 1999 Coupe, 6 speed, Z51 option. The vehicle has 26,670 actual miles. I live in Florida, so yes we still need the a/c to work. The car is equipped with the dual zone a/c option. When I press the a/c button, the yellow/orange light blinks several times but then stays off and the a/c does not come on. The system is full of freon. However, I notice the LED screen consistently reads EXT 25 degrees F, no matter what the out side temperature is. I did replace the drivers side temperature control actuator, because when the a/c was working a couple days ago the passenger side was cold and the driver side was hot. I also checked the the computer for codes and there are none in the DIC. I have a friend that is a tech and he checked the system with his Snap-On computer and said that it could be the control unit in the dash. Any ideas, comments, etc...?

You answered your own question. The a/c will not operate if the ambient temp is showing 25*F and the a/c light will flash telling you it will not operate. You need to repair why the ambient temp is reading low, the sensor is behind the front bumper I believe. The ambient temp needs to be above a certain temp for the a/c to work, it should be in your owners manual for the exact number.

10-4 Thanks for the reply. I'll change the temp sensors.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom