Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st scoot of 2013

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
:w

A few days back we made it home/ta MO for our 1st time this year, so I fired the Vette today for its inaugural 2013 scoot. She got a healthy warm-up, a spirited run, filled her up with gas, and put her to rest for a few more weeks.

Very light snow flurries, but she loves cold air! :thumb

:lou

Happy to see that, shooter!

I have ridden in your Vette. I can attest to the fact you have a beautiful Vette. And she runs like a scalded cat!

As far as I know,Mine is home in the Shop!

;shrug;shrug;shrug

For the past 2 weeks I've been cruising my Swedish MeatBall (Volvo V70R Turbo AWD Sport Wagon)up here in the Great White North! (NEMO)

It's been a little slickory up here! :thumb

I can't believe how well it handles on Snow and Ice!~!! :thumb:thumb

:D

Last edited:
They do love that cold air Shooter, but from what I've been reading you're putting your life on the line with the new ones (tires) in cold weather - such a shame!

Too much ice and snow on the roads to get mine out yet.

;shrug;shrug;shrug

For the past 2 weeks I've been cruising my Swedish MeatBall (Volvo V70R Turbo AWD Sport Wagon)up here in the Great White North! (NEMO)

It's been a little slickory up here! :thumb

I can't believe how well it handles on Snow and Ice!~!! :thumb:thumb

I find that hard to believe. . . .
Not that I'm sayin anyone is lying here. . Bur one time I didn't get my 98 (GY F1's) before there was snow on the ground and when I drove it down the drive all I did was slide. Now granted, it is downhill, but nothing crazy, and I slid the entire was hoping I would stop before I hit the barn!!
Shooter/Junkie, what tires are you running that handle the snow and ice so well. Being up here in Michigan sometimes it's June before it gets warm!!

Eric

I find that hard to believe. . . .
Not that I'm sayin anyone is lying here. . Bur one time I didn't get my 98 (GY F1's) before there was snow on the ground and when I drove it down the drive all I did was slide. Now granted, it is downhill, but nothing crazy, and I slid the entire was hoping I would stop before I hit the barn!!
Shooter/Junkie, what tires are you running that handle the snow and ice so well. Being up here in Michigan sometimes it's June before it gets warm!!

Eric
The Volvo has Hankook IceBear W300's on it at the time,I took the car trade last summer and it came with Winter and Summer tires.
:thumb
These tires are really grippy and not at all noise like most winter tires! I give them a "Junks Seal of Approval" Rating of 95+ !:thumb

On my 03 I have Kumho ASX All Season's. (Non EMT)
I usually drive the vette when I come up,But have too much stuff to carry home this time from the home place,And the Wagon fits the bill!
The Vette handles well on Wet Roads,Snow and Ice with the Kumho's,and I get good mileage out of them too!(I'm on my second set.)
But it's no All Wheel Drive!

IMG_0054Medium.jpg

Last edited:
"...you're putting your life on the line..."

JJS - To those of us who drive these modern day rockets, we've shed their badyear tires years ago, and respect their awesome power.

Now get out there and get one! :w

:lou

It's gonna happen, D. No need for those little digs!;)

Yeah, I get that all the time from the guy I work with who has a '79 with 500+ HP (non-stock obviously!) that he runs up at the track in NH.

I understand the C7 will have AWD, Twin Turbos, Camaroesque taillights and a rear seat.

2015 is supposed to have 4 doors.

Can hardly wait!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom