Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st Time owner with questions

Thanks I definately got a burnt bulb gonna have to open it up. Wonder if the bulb is red or if there is a red lens in there.I just noticed the one in the mirror on Sat. night had a rare chance to get out this time of year but I found a couple of light problems. Some Yahoo put one headlight in upside down. The dash flickers but I have traced that to the dimmer switch only other question I have posted is wether I can take the headlight switch assembly apart or is it One piece unit. I have one coming off Ebay but my faceplate is in better shape and I wanna use it

redeasysport said:
Both red at night?I think mabey I got a burned bulb

On my '95 the light over the door handle is always lit at night....Never checked it in the day time, Hmmm? I'd say you have a burnt bulb.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center! Everybody here has great advice and it has saved me plenty of $$$. Best of luck!

Well I get to add one little piece of info to this forum for thr first time.

You can take apart the headlight switch and even clean the rheostat on the dimmer switch.You can also replace the switch section and keep your face plate:D
Fixed my door light
Replaced the turnsignal stem I got washers now:beer

Now if I could get away with the intake gasket being the source of my little oil drops:eyerole

I am looking for good instructions on how to make the opti in my 93 as bullet proof AS possible I found this link and am looking for any guidence I can get. I figure I am gonna have to pull the front off if I am gonna get the drip stopped so I am just gettin prepared what other opti's are compatible F-body? are the caps and rotors the same?

Red Light answer! I just replaced the bulb for the red light (orange actually). It is Sylvania bulb #73 (I think). It is a clear "wheat" bulb that glows through an orange filter and is call a "flood light" in the owners manual.

Pop out the door lamp assembly and pull ot the Door Open light (you don't have to but it gete uncomfortably hot if you don't. You will see a second set of wires going into a small bulb hoder. There is a plastic retainer that must be removed before the holder can be removed - the bulb holder will twist about 1/4 turn and then come out. The bulb is small and very difficult to grip so I took a pair of pliers, broke the lamp and pulled it out by the filaments.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom