Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1st to 4th/Cruise control

Reno Rob

Corvette
2006 Monterey Red Vert
The person that I purchased my 1996 LT4 from had a mechanic disable the transmisson 1st to 4th annoyance. It is unknown to me as to what was done. I do know that a CAGS disconnect plug wasn't used. The former owner discovered later that the cruise control no longer worked. Is there a relationship between the two? My goal is to get the cruise control working and then install the CAGS Disconnect Plug.
Also,there is no light that come on the dash that indicates the status of the 1st to 4th shift.

You can just unhook the cags on the tranny and tape up the ends or you can buy the plug that caps them. I doubt that it is related to your cruise control problem unless they really butchered something up. Even with the cags disconnected you should still see the light on the dash for cags. Good Luck, Guy

Yup!

I have to agree with vetteguy.. I have the CAGS eliminator and my cruise control still works perfectly. I do not think that the two are related .. or, at least the way my 1 - 4 was eliminated did not affect my cruise control! Not positive in your case though!

Reno Rob said:
The person that I purchased my 1996 LT4 from had a mechanic disable the transmisson 1st to 4th annoyance. It is unknown to me as to what was done. I do know that a CAGS disconnect plug wasn't used. The former owner discovered later that the cruise control no longer worked. Is there a relationship between the two? My goal is to get the cruise control working and then install the CAGS Disconnect Plug.
Also,there is no light that come on the dash that indicates the status of the 1st to 4th shift.

I killed the cags by re-programming the computer.........along with a whole bunch of other stuff..........cruise is fine .............lite is out.........it's as though it never existed.........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom