Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2 DIN Stereo & Nav System

Tony C

Corvette
2004 Commerative Edition
Hi All,
I am interested in swapping out the original stereo for a new one with XM, MP3 and nav system. I found one I like, the Pioneer D2, but it's a 2 DIN size and the existing hole is a 1.5 DIN hole. Does anyone know of a place to get the desired system in a 1.5 DIN size or a custom console panel that has larger accessory slots (I'd gladly give up the little cubby under the climate control system). While I'm asking, does anyone know of a shop in Maryland that can do this sort of thing? I appreciate the advice!
Thanks, Tony C.

Hi Tony
I have added an XM radio to the ash tray area of the car. Fits in good and I hold it in place with velcro. 2nd get a portable Nav system. like the street pilot or nuvi 350. then you can take it from car to car or on trips! From experance I have found that they work better that the dash installed systems. Even though my car came with AM/FM , cassette, 12 disc changer with the Bose system I have purched a docking set up for my I Pod (20,000 songs) HOW MUCH MISIC CAN I LISTEN TO?
;shrug
Most of the time I drive with the car stereo off so that I can hear the pipes:pat
or maybe it's cuz I'm just gettin old ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom