Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: upgrading oem stereo system with another oem unit

jfp1

Corvette
2006 black C6 coupe, previously magnetic red 2004
I am interested in putting in a nav/dvd/stereo system. I have noticed one on ebay and the ad has the following buyer instructions:

"need is a GPS antenna and wire harness (not included in this auction). Once the NAV radio is installed in your car, you will need to have it programmed into your car's on-board computer. Either a local Chevy dealer, or other GM dealer facility, or a local independent garage can do this. At this point they will also program YOUR car's VIN into the system. You DO NOT need the VIN from the donor car. If your Chevy dealer is telling you they can't/won't program this radio unless they have the donor VIN, you will need to find a dealer that will - or alternately you can take it to a local independent shop for this procedure."

Does anybody have experience with the programming. I assume the programming allows the HUD to display selected radio station.

I can't answer this question but will comment on the GPS. IMO unless you are getting a better radio the upgrade just for the GPS is not worth it. The GPS in my 06 is not nearly as good as the smartphone GPS app that I use.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom