Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2002 Z06 Corvette

Re: Electron Blue - revisited

Lenny Angello said:

Attached, is another photo showing Electron Blue Metallic against my car. Certainly it is lighter.

Lenny...thanks for the comparison pic........BIG difference!!!!! We agree your Navy is MUCH MUCH MUCH better!!!!!!

I kinda like the new blue, though I love the Magnetic red, a color which seems les popular even though I find it 10x better looking than torch...

Can someone tell me why there is no auto, nor availability of all colors, for the hardtop? Is it just supposed to be a bare bones version?

J.T. The answer to your question is "yes". The Fixed Roof Coupe or "FRC" is supposed to be the high performance, "bare bones" version of the Corvette.

Why are so many cars sold in Torch Red and not Magnetic?

The law of supply and demand and probably because the Magnetic Red paint is an additional $600 option.

I thought it was $500. Anywho, I saw quite a few in Florida, but nowhere else. $500 (or $600) isn't much considering the car is $45,000 and that is a paint job that probably costs $3,000. I guess it's like the magnesium wheels. They look nice, but I don't know if they are worth $2,000. You can get some damn nice aftermarket wheels for that much.

It was $500 in 2000, but jumped up $100 in 2001. :)

Her 92 said:
Hib,

Sounds good to me! :) How did it drive? How's the color? Is it as nice as it looks in the picture?:w

Well, you're just going to have to wait until June 20. That's the release date for the full story on the 02 Z06. The C5 Registry site will post a full road test on the 20th or shortly after.

twiget said:
From what I heard, the '94 Copper color was discontinued due to problems in the application. But I agree, it is definatly a beautiful color.

From the pic's I think the Electron Blue is a little lighter and less purple than Admrial Blue.

Jason

Jason is correct. The Copper Metallic was discontinued just before the start of the 1994 model year and the problem was the Bowling Green paint shop, with the technology in it at the time, couldn't apply the copper metallic paint with consistency of appearance. As I recall 200 or so Copper cars were built and most of them had visible flaws in the paint mostly splotchy metallic and panels that didn't match. Nevertheless, 94 Copper is also one of my favorite colors and I hope, someday, they bring it back. Looking at the quality of the pewter, the 1998 Gold and the Magnetic Red, I'd think they'd be able to shoot Copper these days.

The pic I posted above (3 cars) is indeed EBlue - I just saw some of the press photos that confirm it.

It looks nothing like the pic of the car in the parking lot in Cali - that pic is a LOT darker than EBlue.

The badges from a distance won't look much different either - the shape is the same, they just added some really small 405 HP lettering.

I'm actually going to change my order to Yellow, I don't like the new blue much. :(

What's wrong with the new blue? I think it looks awesome! As for Copper, they had the same problems on Saturns with Copper in like 1997.

The HP ratingis done very tastefully,
it is under the O6 of ZO6 and it is in small but good looking letters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom