Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 Corvette Z06

DukeOfEarl

Corvette
2003 Corvette Z06
After having at leaast 11 Corvettes in my life time, 4 73s 6 77s my last one a 1966.
I sold the 66 to pay off my home 15 years ago and was sad. Guess when I would sit in my corvette man cave
I would be unhappy.
But I just got a 2003 Z06 with the black and red interior and heads up.
The person who was going to buy it blew the engine and a guy who works on high end cars like Cirvettes Lambos
and high performance cars bought it then out in a new 383 stroker motor.
I want to post what he did to the Vette see what you all think.
It is fast and as I am a 66 year old recycled teenager I had to get that car.
Well gere is the story. Oh BTW I am having it painted since the car did get some rock chips and the guy who is painying my Vette
has a color change Vette an 85. 2 of my Vtetes he has painted have won best of paint.
Trouble is he will have my car 2 weeks. "Sad".
Please let me know what you all think and thank you.
A big Corvette wave from Venice Florida.

This is the story of how this 2003 50th anniversary Z06 Corvette became what it is today its life started as any other Z06 in Bowling Green Kentucky in a cold January morning in 2003 its life began with the LS6 405 horsepower heart that was to beat strong throughout its amazing life it had other STRONG qualities added to it like Z51 suspension for roller coaster like grip, larger brakes to bleed off the speed generated by the strong LS6 that exhaled through the ultra-light titanium exhaust, it was special because of the options it had installed, bose sound system, heads up display so the owners focus was on the road with the ability to monitor that beastly LS6. LIFE WAS GOOD for our Z06 UNTIL…. It was traded in to a dealer who took it in, now this dealer he did all the normal stuff he detailed & serviced it then proudly put it on his front line FOR SALE well the beastly LS6 was awesome, however it did have a fatal flaw the valves where lightened to help achieve the 405hp, what the engineers didn’t take into account was the valves would break if pushed, not a good trait in a car that was built to do just that, be pushed. One day the Z06 caught the eye of a customer who wanted to take it for a test drive; the salesman happily retrieved the key & off the two of them went the customer gingerly pulled off the sale lot & thought WOW this is great & at first he drove it like anyone with any amount of respect for someone else’s car would, but then, the devil inside said push it you know you want to & he GAVE IN, 1st gear OH MY GOD this thing is FAST 2nd GEAR wait… what was that oh crap all hell broke loose the customer missed 2nd gear & pushed the Ls6 to its limit & the fatal flaw couldn’t hang on the ls6’s life was over. To FIND OUT how the STORY ENDS GO TO Used Cars Tampa Florida 33619 Used Car Dealer Plant City Saint Petersburg - Superior Autos for You CONTINUED from AUTOTRADER… Now some will be turned off by this & would never buy a corvette with a blown engine & that’s fine, but there was this guy in Tampa FL named Jon Hardy (to find out more about Jon read “about US”), Jon owns Superior Autos for You, & Jon saw the potential just waiting to be unleashed the first thing was to see how bad it really was & man was it ugly the engine was destroyed but that’s what he expected so the hunt was on for a replacement, but stock wasn’t going to do Jon called this shop then that shop he read forum after forum then he found Texas-speed Jon & the rep talked for hours because Jon wanted to be sure before he dropped that kind of coin of what he was getting the decision was made he would put a FORGED 383 STOKER with a forged Lunati crank, forged Lunati H-beam rods, forged wiseco -3 pistons then have it balanced & blue printed to back up his claim, other power adders include a Power Bond 25% under driven harmonic balancer, cloyes billet true roller timing chain, spinning a custom grind COMP camshaft, pushing LS7 lifters, to open MANLEY Stainless steel valves ( to fix the FATAL FLAW), ARP bolts holding down the 243 Cathedral port heads, keep the valves closed are Precision Race Springs, breathing through a VARAM cold air intake, out of a set of TEXAS –SPEED long tube Stainless steel headers & catted x-pipe through the factory Titanium Exhaust just to screw with people, they flow great & are lighter than ANY aftermarket exhaust. All these parts come together & work in perfect harmony with a FASTERPROMS tune by Jeremy Formato to lay down 450 REAR WHEEL HP!!!

Attachments

• E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 148
Sounds nice car! Hope you will enjoy it:w

Thank you Toms01

Sounds nice car! Hope you will enjoy it:w

I really do enjoy the newer Corvette Z06
Had a few rcok chips but will be repainted next week.
Question, in 2003 did all the Z96 cars come with the red and black interior or just so many:beer:beer

The "mod red" interior was an option. I don't know how many Z06s came that way but I like the mod red interior.

Thanks again

I love the color combo too.
I finnaly figured how to work my heads up display today.
Oh did you read the story on my car?
Any opinions on it?

Attachments

• E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 133
Not the first Corvette with a blown engine, won't be the last. I think that Jon did what he thought was right for the car. You like it, that ALL that matters. Like I said, "it sounds like a nice car." I'm sure you will enjoy it. :thumb

Toms1 yep and its fast

I like that body style to boot. Seems like more trunk space.
The guy who did my car was awsome. He took me for a tesst drive and traction control was on
and yet he did get it to go a bit sideways for a second.
I may let him suppercharge it later on

Found out how many z06 that year color combo

Toms1 I found out from Corvette Central that the 2003 Z06 with the red and black
interior was 1500.

Attachments

• E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_17_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_17_800600[1].jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 140

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom