Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2003 Headlights will not pop up

8kgold69

Corvette
1969 R.Gold CV. Original 8K miles. Pilot 1970 LT1
Hello
I am at a loss with my 2003 coupe. I was working on the car the other day and decided to disconnect the negetive cable from the battery. When I did, the headlights popped up. When I reconnected the battery they would not go down. I manually cranked them down. Then I turn the headlight switch to the on position. The lights came on but neither headlight popped up. I checked the fuses, good. Checked the grounds, good. Am I missing something like a relay, module, etc...? Hi beam & low beam work fine. Motors just willn't respond. I would appreciate any help.

Have you tried manually rotating them up and turning them off and on with the switch?

Thanks for the reply

I have tried everything. I read that the module behind the right headlight can cause a problem.

Thanks for the reply

I have tried everything. I read that the module behind the right headlight can cause a problem.

Yes it can, but I don't trouble-shoot a problem by blindly replacing parts. I want to know if you did EXACTLY as I asked.

Yes it can, but I don't trouble-shoot a problem by blindly replacing parts. I want to know if you did EXACTLY as I asked.

Yes I did and still nothing. What is the next step?

Here's where you break out your probes and glasses and start chasing signals. Do you know how to read schematics? I'm attaching two that will help you locate exactly where the issue is. Make sure you open them within a hour of my posting or they will be automatically deleted.

Attachments

• 2003 Headlamp Opening Door Actuator Control Module Inputs.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 2003 Headlamp Opening Door Assemblies.pdf
    23.4 KB · Views: 220
Hello Junkman2008
I really appreciate all your help, but I am lost in the schematics. However, let explain what I found and may be that you can give us a direction to trouble shoot. The module behind the right headlight has 2 plug ins. One on the right(passenger side), it has 4 wires and the one on the left(drivers side) has 5 wires. The right plug that has the 4 wires, when pluged into the module, the top wire is a gray wire. 2nd one down is a blue wire. 3rd wire down is a green wire. 4th wire down is a lime green color wire.
Now the left plug with 5 wires, when plugged into the module, top wire is a white wire. 2nd wire is a orange wire. The 3rd wire is a Dk Green wire. 4th wire is a black wire. And the 5th wire is an orange wire.
Now, the 3rd wire on the left plug, is Dk green. If I run a jumper to the the positive battery post, the headlamp motors work as designed. Headlights turn off and on and everything work normal. Now that you have this information do you have any idea what maybe the problem? If you do please help and let me know. I apprciate your help.

Here's where you break out your probes and glasses and start chasing signals. Do you know how to read schematics? I'm attaching two that will help you locate exactly where the issue is. Make sure you open them within a hour of my posting or they will be automatically deleted.

There's no way that I could trouble-shoot the problem without probing lines while looking at the schematics. The schematics are a 'yellow brick road' to how everything is connected. If I were you, I would find someone who knows how to read schematics, locate the wire that you are talking about and chase it on the schematic. Any other way is kinda like shooting birds in the sky while blindfolded.

Ellimay Clampet could hit a bird with her slingshot.

There's no way that I could trouble-shoot the problem without probing lines while looking at the schematics. The schematics are a 'yellow brick road' to how everything is connected. If I were you, I would find someone who knows how to read schematics, locate the wire that you are talking about and chase it on the schematic. Any other way is kinda like shooting birds in the sky while blindfolded.

Ellimay Clampet could hit a bird with her slingshot.

She was pretty hot back in her day. I bet she didn't have to do much hunting with those looks. :D

3088795.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom