Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 Order: Getting Frustrated

L

luckyj

My order was entered on 6/17/02. This is not an Anniversary C5. My dealer is alloted five Anniversary units to give you idea of how many C5's they sell a year. My order has still not been picked, nearly two months. He keeps telling me that I'm the next to be picked from his dealership. I wonder since this is a "supplier discount" buy and I am getting over $6,000 off the sticker, if he is putting at the bottom of the que. Here is what my oder looks like:
2003 Coupe, Auto
G92 perf. Axle
Millenium Yellow
ISB
Body moldings
Polished wheels
CD changer
Glass top
Magnetic ride control
STICKER: $50,730
Any ideas? Thanks.

Jim

I ordered mine in april.......it was built on 7-30 and I got it last week. there is some sort of stsus number or event code the dealer can give you and someone here on the forum will tell you where you stand.....sounds to me like your on the bottom of the stack because of the discount. Also my friend owns a dealership and said alotted anniv red car per dealership to start sooooooooooooooo I dont think he was alotted 5...just my opinion....good luck

Jim,

Did you make another chage to your original order other than the Magnetic Ride Control. I thought you were getting a silver car originally an now you say yellow..

Rodney

Rodney: I guess I change my mind as often as a woman. Yes, I changed to Yellow/Light Oak. I had a 1980 that was yellow with the dark glass top and loved it. As they say, at least taxi's will wave at me. Seriously, I just never was sure about the silver. I wanted this as my birthday present on July 14. Now maybe a Christmas present. I'm sure glad I decided to keep my 1999 Deville Concours for winter driving. It's gold, so the Yellow will fit right in.

Jim

I remember someone on this forum talking about how there was a problem with the G92 Peformance axle option - and that there was delay's related to that option. Maybe that's the problem?

Delete the body side moldings.. maybe nobody in Bowling Green likes BSMs on the Vette so they refuse to build it until they get a deletion on them. LOL just kidding.
vettepilot

I've seen posts to the effect MY orders were being delayed. Just a rumor afaik, but one never knows.

I went through same issue and pulled the order. The salesman then told me that marketing guy had priority to fill the showroom before delivering below MSRP units. That led me to Ken Fichtner in Montana and got an order slot in two weeks with better discount, hard to do in your case, and took delivery on the date quoted.

Gook luck.

G92 & M/Yellow are both on constraint this week. :(

Rick Daniel said:

Rick,

What does being "on constraint" mean?

Doesn't "on constraint" mean that Chevrolet has failed to obtain enough parts to build a car that is in its 7th model year and ordered by a customer based upon their literature?

99WhiteC5Coupe said:
Doesn't "on constraint" mean that Chevrolet has failed to obtain enough parts to build a car that is in its 7th model year and ordered by a customer based upon their literature?

That about sums it up. :(

Most of the time it is a supplier problem.

Rick Daniel said:

Oh great......The G92 issue again. Does this mean my order which has a TPW of 8/19 (next monday) will be delayed? I have that option. I am starting to get upset too.....:mad :mad :mad

I wish I had an order for a new Vette I was getting frustrated with. :( Sorry to hear about these issues with the new Vettes. Hope to see you on the road soon.

-JimS

Rick, thanks for the information and for your participation here.

jrcase said:

Oh great......The G92 issue again. Does this mean my order which has a TPW of 8/19 (next monday) will be delayed? I have that option. I am starting to get upset too.....:mad :mad :mad

It depends on what your event status code is. Once it reaches 3800 then the TPW should be firm. Check with your dealer for this code. :)

I'll bet that's excatly whats going on. You're on the bottom of the list! A 6,000 discount for a car that people are paying MSRP is hard to swallow for the Dealer Principle. I'll bet that Salesman or Salesmanager got themselves in hot water over this one. I had the same thinh happen to me when the Z06's first came out and I was paying MSRP. They were getting 5K over that! I guess you either have to wait (I'll bet you'll be waiting for a very long time), or just hand over more cash and get one now. Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom