Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 Vette: How long does it take?

L

luckyj

My dealer placed my order in the computer 6/17. I made a change, adding the magnetic ride control on 6/29. My event code is still 2050. What are some best guesses as to when I can expect to get delivery. Here is what is on order:

2003 Quicksilver/Gray Coupe, auto
Magnetic ride control
Body moldings
Perf. axle
1sb Pkg.
Glass top
Polished wheels
12 CD changer

Thanks.

Jim

I ordered my 2002 Coupe last Sept. 24. It arrived at the dealer on Oct. 19, making it just a couple of days short of four weeks. (This particular dealer sells a lot of Vettes, so perhaps dealers who move alot of inventory get higher priority?)

Congrats on the order - smart move on upping to the MAG RIDE, that's what I would have done.

Please let us know when it arrives - I'm esp. looking forward to your opinion of the MAG RIDE.

luckyj,

I ordered my 1999 C5 coupe in June 1998. The order was accepted and processed and I was told the car would arrive during the first week of August.

The UAW staged one of their infamous "work stoppages" and the car's build and delivery was delayed for 31 days. The car was delivered in September 1998.

During the process, the dealer was unable (or unwilling) to provide any information about the car's progress. Chevrolet customer service also would not provide any information. I ended up accepting the car, but was very irritated with the lack of information by Chevrolet.

luckyj said:
My dealer placed my order in the computer 6/17. I made a change, adding the magnetic ride control on 6/29. My event code is still 2050. What are some best guesses as to when I can expect to get delivery. Here is what is on order:

2003 Quicksilver/Gray Coupe, auto
Magnetic ride control
Body moldings
Perf. axle
1sb Pkg.
Glass top
Polished wheels
12 CD changer

Thanks.

Jim

It sounds like you have two problems.
First it sounds like your dealer has a small allocation witch can delay your order for ???????

Second the G92 option has been on constraint or not being built most of this model year. :)

Good luck

I just talked to Corvette Plant and the G92 Perf. Axle is not a problem.

Jim

luckyj said:
I just talked to Corvette Plant and the G92 Perf. Axle is not a problem.

Jim

Let me explane a little further. G92 has been on and off of constraint all of the 03 model year. When not on constrant it has been limmited # being built. Most of the 30 or so 03s that we have gotten in so far have been 6 spds. because of the G92 problem. If it is not on constraint now then maybe your dealer can slip your order in right away. Good luck :)

Can some one fill me in on the G92 problem? I am at a Dealer that does fairly low 'Vette volume and I was wondering what the deal is.

Thanks

DealerTech said:
Can some one fill me in on the G92 problem? I am at a Dealer that does fairly low 'Vette volume and I was wondering what the deal is.

Thanks

Their are sometimes temp. problems with certian parts that are used on the Vette that cause those options to be put on constraint. These problems are for the most part resolved very quickly and production resumes. While these parts are on constraint the order cannot be filled. As for the G92, they are building these cars now but they were not as little as 2 weeks ago. Hopefully they will not have this problem again. :)

I understand what an ordering constraint is, I was just wondering what specific technical problem they were having with that rear end. :)

DealerTech said:
I understand what an ordering constraint is, I was just wondering what specific technical problem they were having with that rear end. :)

I`m sorry but I cant help you with that. :)

I was told by my dealer that when he next gets the OK for an order, mine is it. If the G92 performance axle is still on constraint, what will happen? Will the order be by-passed? I never dreamed that it would take this long for the order for my Vette to be picked. Thanks.

Jim

If your order has an option that is on constraint then the order will not be picked up.

Jim,

I ordered my 50th Anniv on June 27 and I was told yesterday that it would be built mid Oct. They don't know the VIN yet and they didnt tell me the event code. Mine will have the 6 speed so hopefully I won't run into any constraint problems.

Hi Jim,
Have your dealer print up your Vehicle Order Event History. The most important piece of info is the event code. At one point my event code was 3100. This happened on 6/27/02 and 7/12/02. I also ordered the G92 axle. My guess is that there was an ordering constraint on 6/27/02 and I got lucky on 7/12/02. Right now my order is at 4150 which means get the money ready. The Vehicle Order Event History is probably the most important document at this moment. Good luck. Hope to see you wave in the "03.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom