Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2003 Z06 normal engine temperature?

kazis31

i have a 2003 Zo6 with 26 k on engine i just bought.
I trafic it runs to 230 on freeway 180-190.
Is that normal temperature interval?
When i raced in canoys on hot day from4500 rpm to redline it would go almoust to 240.
If anyone with z06 could give me heads up on engine behaivior i'd apreciatethat.
thnx

i have a 2003 Zo6 with 26 k on engine i just bought.
I trafic it runs to 230 on freeway 180-190.
Is that normal temperature interval?
When i raced in canoys on hot day from4500 rpm to redline it would go almoust to 240.
If anyone with z06 could give me heads up on engine behaivior i'd apreciatethat.
thnx
That is just a little high,but not as high as I've seen!!
Try cleaning the debre out of the radiator and A/C condenser,it will probly Help Big Time!!:upthumbs
attachment.php

Junk, you got to stop running over these poor cats :boogie and stay off the grass.:boogie

For a C5 Z with stock cooling, what you're seeing is in a range I'd term normal.

You might look up into the cooling air intake and make sure there are no large pieces of debris stuck on the radiator.

Make sure your front air dam is in place and functional.

Check to make sure the cooling fans work per the service manual.

If you are in So. Cal you can gain some cooling by reducing the percentage of antifreeze but that also requires more frequent cooling system service along with changing coolant if you take the car somewhere out of the area where it is parked or stored in freezing temperatures.

I have a C5 Z and also reside in CA.

Mine is modified with lower fan on temps, a Fluidyne aluminum radiator, a lower temp thermostat and coolant mix of 100% water and Red Line Water Wetter. With that combo, I see lower peak temps.

HIB and gmjunkie are correct. My stock '03 Z06 runs religiously at 196 on I-95 down here in South Florida--even on the hottest days. I also change my Dexcool every 3 years instead of 5 as has been discussed a million times over the years. The weak spot in our cooling is in traffic with the AC off. Early on Hib and many dealer's identified turning on the AC and selecting recirc to keep the car cool in traffic. Hope this helps--and Hib, as usual you are the man!!!!:)

Well...as for being "the man"...boy, have I bot you fooled.

When you turn on AC you force the fans on, if the ECT is below the "normal" (ie: HVAC not enabled) fan-on temp. Of course, no one in their right mind in Delray Beach FL or So Cal is going to be in traffic on a hot day with the air off.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom