Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2004 6k mile checkup opinions

GEH737

Corvette
2004 Blue Convertible
Hi guys -

I posted this in the tech section as well, but I'd like to get the widest range of opinions.

I've got a 2004 CE Convertible w/ 6 speed. I bought it new, and it has 6,000 miles on it now. I've only had it in the shop once - and that was the 3,000 mile oil change at Jim Rathman Chevrolet in Florida (where I bought it new).

There never has been a problem with the car (and there isn't any now). But... It's five years old and I was wondering what you think I should have them check / replace or inspect besides the oil change itself. I'm going to be having this done in Newnan, GA at the local Chevy dealer - but I'm a little concerned since they don't have a dedicated 'Vette mechanic like they did at Rathman in Florida. That's why I'd like to tell them what I want, rather than leave it up to them.

The only other thing I'm considering is replacing the battery with an Optima (or should I just wait till this one gives me problems - which it hasn't).

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

PS, on the tech comments - it's mentioned that I should change my Mobil 1 oil yearly - even though I'm only putting around 1,200 miles per year on it. Being synthetic - I thought that was an advantage - not breaking down over time. Any comments are appreciated!

George

6000 mile check up

One thing you probably should do is a coolant flush. GM recommends the Dexcool be changed at 100,000 miles or 5 years whichever is first. Good low cost maintenance that can save you thousands.

What you really need to do is drive the car and put some miles on it. The lack of activity:eek:hnoes is tough on a car, battery, seals, gaskets. rubber hoses, tires etc. The cars are built to driven so go have some fun after the radiator flush.

RJ

:lou

Hi guys -

I posted this in the tech section as well, but I'd like to get the widest range of opinions.

I've got a 2004 CE Convertible w/ 6 speed. I bought it new, and it has 6,000 miles on it now. I've only had it in the shop once - and that was the 3,000 mile oil change at Jim Rathman Chevrolet in Florida (where I bought it new).

There never has been a problem with the car (and there isn't any now). But... It's five years old and I was wondering what you think I should have them check / replace or inspect besides the oil change itself. I'm going to be having this done in Newnan, GA at the local Chevy dealer - but I'm a little concerned since they don't have a dedicated 'Vette mechanic like they did at Rathman in Florida. That's why I'd like to tell them what I want, rather than leave it up to them.

The only other thing I'm considering is replacing the battery with an Optima (or should I just wait till this one gives me problems - which it hasn't).

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

PS, on the tech comments - it's mentioned that I should change my Mobil 1 oil yearly - even though I'm only putting around 1,200 miles per year on it. Being synthetic - I thought that was an advantage - not breaking down over time. Any comments are appreciated!

George[/QUOTE]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom