Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2004 a/c problem

corvette4me

Corvette
2004 LaMans Blue Convertible
I have a 2004 corvette convertible. When you start up the car you get a nasty odor coming from the vents. It use to go away after a short while, now it lingers for a considerable amount of time. I have taken it to the dealer who put fridge fresh and something to kill the bacteria or mold, neither of which did any good. The dealership is at a loss of what to do next. Anyone else having problems with their a/c unit? Does anyone have a fix to the problem?

Thanks

HI there,
If you are talking about a mold condition,
It would be suggested to run the heat with the defroster off to dry out the evaporator.
Then, there is an afterblow module that can be installed to assist in keeping the evaporator dry after a complete GM deodorize.
This is in a bulletin form.
I believe its in the knowledgebase here.
Allthebest, :bang

a/c odor

HI there,
If you are talking about a mold condition,
It would be suggested to run the heat with the defroster off to dry out the evaporator.
Then, there is an afterblow module that can be installed to assist in keeping the evaporator dry after a complete GM deodorize.
This is in a bulletin form.
I believe its in the knowledgebase here.
Allthebest, :bang

I spoke with the service manager at the dealer, he said that there was a afterblower for the problem but not for the corvette. They did drill the hole and spray the mold killer and it did work for a while. I have hear about running the blower but not till it was pretty bad. I guess I need to have them clean it again and try to remember turning it off before stopping.

Thanks for taking the time.

When you start up the car you get a nasty odor coming from the vents. It use to go away after a short while, now it lingers for a considerable amount of time. I have taken it to the dealer who put fridge fresh and something to kill the bacteria or mold, neither of which did any good. The dealership is at a loss of what to do next. Anyone else having problems with their a/c unit? Does anyone have a fix to the problem?

Thanks

Didn't I see this on an episode of Seinfeld? ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom