Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005-2007 Recall

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Anyone else here get a recall notice from Chevrolet? If you have, did you get it fixed yet? I got mine the other day, saying they actually had parts for the repair. I need to call over to the local Chevy dealer to get an appointment.

I did not get the letter but when I was in at the end of last month to purchase an accessory spoiler for our 2014 Malibu, the parts guy accessed my dealer Preferred Customer record and said that there was a recall for the low beam lights on our 13 GS. I went to the service department and they ordered the part and scheduled the install. Dropped it off yesterday morning and picked it up yesterday afternoon. Done!!

So, this recall includes other model years? Huh, I was under the impression that the headlight recall was just for 05-07 cars...... interesting. Thanks for the info.

How long did it take for the parts to come in? Just wondering what kind of time frame I should expect.

Anyone else here get a recall notice from Chevrolet? If you have, did you get it fixed yet? I got mine the other day, saying they actually had parts for the repair. I need to call over to the local Chevy dealer to get an appointment.

Hi there,

We'd be happy to reach out to your dealer in regards to an appointment. Please PM us your contact information, VIN, mileage and preferred dealer at your earliest convenience. :)

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care

I got a letter for both our Vette's last week. But both are in bed with their winter blankets on. So, I'm waiting until Spring.

Hi there,

We'd be happy to reach out to your dealer in regards to an appointment. Please PM us your contact information, VIN, mileage and preferred dealer at your earliest convenience. :)

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care

Marissa, I will PM that info to you once I get home. Thank you for your help.

I received my notice on Thursday, the day after I had the repair done. It was a week between the time the dealer ordered the parts and the repair was completed. That time frame may not be correct for someone having the recall repair alone. They also had to replace the trunk and glove box lock. The trunk lock cylinder was defective and I could not open the trunk with my key. That would have been a bad thing if my battery ever went dead. The lock was still under warranty.

Received my letter yesterday (20th) for my 08.

Where is this wire located where it bends when warm?

The wire discussed in the letter is inside the bussed electrical center under the hood. It's one of the wires connecting to the low-beam relay.

Also, this recall must affect more than just MY05-07 because I own a '12 and got the letter yesterday.

Also, this recall must affect more than just MY05-07 because I own a '12 and got the letter yesterday.

Got my letter late last week and I've got a '13.

I actually have found a picture of the failed wire.....from a member of another forum.

I got my letter also. I don't think I will be in any hurry to get it done. It took GM 10 years to get the letter out so the people driving the 05 vettes could get them fixed.

HI there,

Be aware, some have the recall, others are covered by a special coverage for the repair.

Please read your letter CAREFULLY so that you know which you have.

Allthebest, Paul

From just the letter, how does an owner tell the difference between a "recall" and a "special coverage".

In the letter in re: my '12, the word "recall" does not apear nor does the phrase "special coverage". The letter states that GM has identified a problem with the UBEC which might cause the low-beam lights to go off.

Further it states that a "jumper wire" will be installed at GM's expense and that I should contact my dealer ASAP.

Believe the wiring recall is for all C6s as all of my corvette club members I talked to last Thursday said they got the recall letters. Since my 08 is in storage until mid May, I assume that there is no expiration date as I did not see one in the letter. Only expiration date was for reimbursement if one paid to have the work done prior to recall. GM will refund the amount if application is sent by January 31, 2015.

Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom