Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2005 C6 Body Control Module

dancorvette1

Corvette
Hello Corvette world!!! This is my first post here and I have a problem! I have had the usual key fob problems with my C6. The car doesn't recognize my fobs and unlock automatically and the car won't start without putting the fob in the fob pouch. I have to manually unlock/lock the doors with the fob buttons. The windows don't go all the way up automatically when I get into the car and the DIC gives a flat tire warning. The first GM dealership diagnosed my problem as a receiver problem and when they installed it and tried to program it, the programming did not finish. After trying a second receiver they had the same result. They put my original receiver back in and sent me on my merry way to find better results elsewhere with the agreement that they couldn't fix it and I would be back I the same condition as before. This did not happen. The car now shuts down intermittently while driving and at first I could put the fob in the pouch and restart. The morning I went to my next GM dealership appointment for this problem the car shut down and I had to pull the Batt3 fuse under the hood to get it to crank. Also, my fuel left indicator is counting up instead of down while driving. When the car quits, the theft icon in the dash is on continuously. I finally got to the GM dealership and they have had the car for two days. They called and said my problem is the key fobs... both of them at the same time. They are making me buy one and they will program it to see if this works... we'll find out tomorrow morning maybe. I actually think I have a BCM problem or a theft relay problem. Any thoughts from the Corvette world on a fix?

Well, first off Dan, Welcome to CAC. :w Hopefully one of our resident experts will be by soon to give a helping hand. We have several here that should be able to give you some insight.

Let's keep this fresh and at the top. Come on guys, what say you?

Have they pulled the codes to see what is there?

Mr. Sam

Hello Corvette world!!! This is my first post here and I have a problem! I have had the usual key fob problems with my C6. The car doesn't recognize my fobs and unlock automatically and the car won't start without putting the fob in the fob pouch. I have to manually unlock/lock the doors with the fob buttons. The windows don't go all the way up automatically when I get into the car and the DIC gives a flat tire warning. The first GM dealership diagnosed my problem as a receiver problem and when they installed it and tried to program it, the programming did not finish. After trying a second receiver they had the same result. They put my original receiver back in and sent me on my merry way to find better results elsewhere with the agreement that they couldn't fix it and I would be back I the same condition as before. This did not happen. The car now shuts down intermittently while driving and at first I could put the fob in the pouch and restart. The morning I went to my next GM dealership appointment for this problem the car shut down and I had to pull the Batt3 fuse under the hood to get it to crank. Also, my fuel left indicator is counting up instead of down while driving. When the car quits, the theft icon in the dash is on continuously. I finally got to the GM dealership and they have had the car for two days. They called and said my problem is the key fobs... both of them at the same time. They are making me buy one and they will program it to see if this works... we'll find out tomorrow morning maybe. I actually think I have a BCM problem or a theft relay problem. Any thoughts from the Corvette world on a fix?

Don't guess on any repairs, it needs to be diagnosed properly with a tech that knows these vehicles. I would only let the dealership repair a problem if they guarantee that your issue will be repaired. Any GM dealership has a technical support line that they can contact and get help if they need it. Good luck with it. :)

Well, here we are a week later and the 2nd dealership is finally making progress. The new key fob did not fix the problem. They thought maybe it was the receiver and ordered one to install, but had some trouble. They have installed a 2nd receiver, just like the 1st dealership, because the first receiver locked up after they programmed it and had everything working, then when they tried to install the "upgrades" or whatever, the receiver locked up. In the morning, they will program the 2nd receiver without the "upgrades" and see how this goes. Sounds like a software issue that GM would've warned them about. Tech, Tech, Tech...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom