Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2007 Corvette Color Cancellation

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
To: All Retail & Wholesale Stakeholders

Subject: Weekly Distribution Newsletter for 3-9-07

2007 Corvette

Monterey Red Tintcoat (80U) is being discontinued as an available color selection for the 2007 Corvette. As a result, it will be necessary to constrain the number of (80U) orders accepted for production. The final date for (80U) order entry and selection will be April 7, 2007. A replacement color will be introduced at the beginning of the 2008 model year.

GM may have to produce at least one Mont. red in 08. They may have to deal with my wife and that won't be a pretty sight.

GM may have to produce at least one Mont. red in 08. They may have to deal with my wife and that won't be a pretty sight.

:L

Yeah, that's a nice color. I wonder what they'll replace it with.

April 7 deadline for MR?

I ordered my MR coupe on March 17. I was told today ( 3/27) that it would not be built because MR was no longer in production. Now I get to search inventory for an alternative or change the color. Thinking of VY, but it's hard to switch my thinking after picturing my MR vette for so long.

They're cancelling LMB too. The new red is called Crystal Claret and I heard they'll be bringing the Mulsane Blue back to replace LMB.

Claret

It looks just like the wine.:)

This is info from another forum :

New for 2008:

85U Jetstream Blue Metallic Tintcoat
Much brighter and much more teal like.

89U Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat
Much brighter and lighter. It looks awesome!

245 Sienna Custom Leather Wrap
This is an Ebony and Dark Cigar Brown two tone

425 Linen Custom Leather Wrap
This is an Ebony and a Light Taupe two tone (the Taupe is lighter than the Cashmere)

Paint

Man am I glad I got my LMB before the new blue came out. Now there really will be no blue or red; just those metrocolor colors.:)

I think the new blue is going to be really cool, from what I understand it changes color based on the angle you look at it, much like the Blue Green Chameleon color that came on the Camaros and Firebirds. I had that color on my 98 Firebird Formula and it was amazing, and I got a ton of compliments on it.

Lucky Me

I ordered my MR coupe on March 17. I was told today ( 3/27) that it would not be built because MR was no longer in production. Now I get to search inventory for an alternative or change the color. Thinking of VY, but it's hard to switch my thinking after picturing my MR vette for so long.

A couple of months ago on another forum, I heard M R was being cancelled. Promptly advised dealer and ordered car. Took delivery of my Monterey Red coupe on April 13.

Hopefully they will replace it with a nice red in 08.

2007redvette

Western PA

A couple of months ago on another forum, I heard M R was being cancelled. Promptly advised dealer and ordered car. Took delivery of my Monterey Red coupe on April 13.

Hopefully they will replace it with a nice red in 08.

2007redvette

Western PA
What I have seen of the new red it's even prettier than MR .:D

I read today on the "other" forum that Kerbeck Chevy has a MR vert for sale with $7500 off! Total price was in the area of $58000.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom