Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2007 zo6 sometimes starts

Frankyrealtor

Good evening. Bought a 2007 zo6 with 120,000 miles. Changed the plugs,stock,changed the wires ,taylor,changed the coil packs-mad, cheap black ones from jegs, ... Bought the air mass flow sensor from kegs that is a jet brand. Cleaned throttle body....

Why I changed all was I had a style throughout the rpms, seems to run better, drive it all day Sunday no issues except one when I was at Lowe's it started then shuttered and i turned it off. Went to restart it and it wouldn't start and fuel small was there and potent.

Started after a couple trys drive fine home. Parked it then started up an hour later. Parked it in the garage and tried to started for work this am it started, stumbled hard shakes so I stopped it. And it would not start...no codes. Took it five or six push of the ignition button then it started but loud fuel smell , started ran like cap then narrowed out.

Any ideas?

I have a new stock throttle body coming.

When replacing the wires do i leave the metal cap with the spring on like the stock. I can never tell of they clipped on?

Sorry for dumb questions. I ran a search but all were some how different in ways.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Even though you say it didn't set any codes, I think I'd put a scanner on and check. Obviously, there is a problem.

Hopefully, someone else will check in here soon with a more definite idea.

Thanks , had the scanner on it a minute ago and no for a, past or.. strange. when it did start it said engine hotnturn off ac or something like that but it wasnt ran for over 12 hours strange

I can't help thinking you got some malfunctioning parts there when you swapped all of those out. I can understand your thought process behind all the changes, it's the way I think too. :L I'm leaning toward thinking the MAF is the cause of your problems, don't ask me why, just a gut feeling. I'll try to get someone who know more than me (not too difficult to do :chuckle ) to look at this and give you some real answers.

Oh, I transfer the springs and metal shield on the plug wires. I don't know what the purpose is of them, but figure if the factory sent them out that way, there must be a reason.

Thanks.. I'm going to try and see if I can double check the boots and put the original maf back on and see if that helps. I thought c5s were the only ones with issues!!

Hi
Pic is what happened this morning when started the first time , fans were on as Well only ran for 30 seconds
d9d86345cbc81da201762bc407c531c2.jpg

Going to stock OEM parts is where I would start, mismatched a-mkt parts can cause no end of troubles. Check your engine harness for any damage by rodents even in garage kept environments. You need to track down that fuel smell, that is a dangerous problem. Have a professional do it if in doubt. Good luck with it.

Hi
Yes I went back to the stock maf and it seems to run and start fine. I guess it didn't like the jet products... I guess the saying if it's not broke do t fix it really stands the in this case.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom